Will my new Corsair Vengeance 2133mhz RAM work properly with my Gigabyte 990fx-UD3 motherboard?

Poppy Withers

Distinguished
May 16, 2013
Hi guys, so basically my main question today is will my new Corsair Vengeance 2133mhz RAM work properly with my Gigabyte 990fx-UD3 motherboard? As in will it run at the top speed or not? I'm having my doubts although I've already ordered it, eek!

Here are the specs of my computer:
Gigabyte 990fx-UD3
Corsair Vengeance 2133mhz RAM
Fractal Design Integra R2 650w 80 Plus Efficiency Power Supply Unit
AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz Socket AM3+ 14MB Cache Processor
Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro rev 2 Socket 775, 1156, 1155, 1366, AM2, AM3 Heatpipe CPU Cooler

Don't think the rest matters, apart from I'm on Windows 7 and have a 500gb harddrive, I'm having my break at work so can't check as my computers at home.

Also my other question is, I also have some ram already in my motherboard which is running at a lower mhz, will that make my computer run at the mhz of the slower memory?

Plus, bonus question (lol)
I have ordered a Creative Soundblaster Rage wireless headset, anyone have any experience of these? I read the reviews and they seem quite good, I just cant have a wired headset anymore it annoys me too much with the dangling wires that always seem to entangle me or my computer chair.

P.S. Sorry if this isn't in the right topic I wasn't really sure where to post it!

Thanks!

techsamurai

Honorable
Feb 7, 2013
Hi,

The said memory will work but will work at a lower speed (Underclock), 2000 MHz is the highest speed supported by this Motherboard under overclocking circumstances.

If you mix two speeds of memory, the entire memory system will work at the lowest memory speed present.

Plus, bonus answer :)kikou:)

Yes, its a decent entry level headset that does the work.

Good luck!

Poppy Withers

Distinguished
May 16, 2013

Thanks for your reply, I have taken the two previous sticks of ram out and inserted my corsair last night and I now load into black ops super faster than usual, the headset is brilliant and a lot of fun with the voice fx, the wireless range I'm not really sure how far away I can go but the signal is blocked between walls which isn't really an issue as I only use it for talking with my clan. :)

danscan11

Honorable
Jul 17, 2013

Man I love seeing these gigabyte boards popping up all over the place!!! Sorry I just had to say something when I saw your board. I wish their haswell mobo's had some better features :( Oh yeah nice board.

Tradesman1

Legenda in Aeternum
What freq are they running at? Can check in CPU-Z under the memory tab, take the indicated freq times two to get your effective freq? Just wondering as I haven't seen many 6300's that can run the high freq DRAM well