Ps3 No video signal

Cheezeman78

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2011
I bought a ps3 off of eBay and I plugged it in with a hdmi cable, turned on fine however there was no video. I tried going into safe mode and there is still no video the lights blinked correspondingly. I have tried different hdmi cables and different tvs. I have not tried using a composite cable because I do not have one. Any suggestions on how to fix it?

euphoria4949

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2012
Have you tried pressing and holding the power button for about 5 seconds??? You should hear a few beeps and then get the option to select HDMI, SCART... e.t.c.

Cheezeman78

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2011

Yes, It did not work. I have obtained a composite cable and tried it. I just got it into safe mode once with the composite and I hit restore ps3 system. It immediately rebooted and took me to initial setup. After that it froze after I put in my Internet password. I haven't been able to get into safe mode since.

Cheezeman78

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2011

Yes blue and green. I think the rsx chip might have lost contact considering that the controllers won't sync. I Could try to get it reflowed. Does anyone know of a way to temporarily fix it?