mSATA SSD 64G low speeds in Asus A56C notebook

rom7799

Honorable
May 28, 2013
Hi all !
I just bought a new laptop Asus A56C in Hong Kong, and the vendor offered me to add a 64G mSATA SSD for a few bucks more.
He cloned the system to the new drive using Macrium reflect.

Now my speeds are very disappointing with CrystalDiskMark:
Seq: read 156 MB/s write 43 MB/s
512K: read 134 MB/s write 30 MB/s
4K: read 15.53 MB/s write 1.1 MB/s
4K QD32: read 20 MB/s write 0.75 MB/s

And I can't even find detailed specs of the drive. In device manager, it says 64G SSD, Manufacturer "standard disk drives", the driver version is 6.2.9200.16384 from windows dated from 2006.

Any help would be appreciated to solve the issue, at least to determine the brand and model of the drive...

Many thanks in advance.

Download and run HWiNFO and see if the software can give you the manufacturer and model number of your mSATA SSD. Click on the link that says “Direct Download Link”: http://download.cnet.com/HWiNFO32/3000-2094_4-10437914.html?tag=mncol;2

Once you get that information go to the manufacturer’s website to get the advertised Read/Write speeds of that model.

CrystalDiskMark uses highly incompressible data to test Read/Write speeds. Highly incompressible data is the hardest type of data for any SSD to Read/Write.

Your drive will probably need to be tested with ATTO benchmark software, which uses highly compressible data to test Read/Write speeds. Highly compressible data is the easiest type of data for any SSD to Read/Write.