Sign in with
Your question

Which one is best? Help with gaming pc

Last response: in Opinions and Experiences
May 29, 2013 6:09:04 AM

I have been searching yet again and may have come across some keepers. I am new to pc gaming and my Dad said he would buy me one a budget of 550-. Due to the Xbox One not fullfilling my gaming needs so i turned to the hearland of gaming. So he found the alienware x51 i3! Yeah alienware is a rip off i heard and I could get a better rig for the same price or lower. Just to inform you I am looking to play games like Guild wars 2, Planetside 2 and other top end games on medium + with ease and not much noise. Also 20+ fps maybe.

So here what I found :

http://www.ukgamingcomputers.co.uk/eos-i5-gaming-pc-p-1...

http://www.ukgamingcomputers.co.uk/blizzard-world-of-wa...

They're also customisable so if you could pick the best options for me :D  and to note I dont want to build my own i would rather upgrade over time.

Heres what my Dad found:

http://m.dell.com/mt/www.dell.com/uk/p/alienware-x51/pd...

P.s Im looking for a buy now pay later as my site included this finance so if these are not the best choice please find a site with this offer.

Thanks, Josh

More about : gaming

May 29, 2013 6:27:14 AM

Yes don't take the Alienware. It is indeed a ripoff. If you were stuck between the 2 choices above, I'd choose the 1st one.
The GTX 650 will handle games like GW2 pretty well, I have a Sapphire 7750 and I can handle the GW2 easily (except for my crappy processor)

And then just invest on a 60GB-120GB SSD for your OS and important games, it will really boost up your loading,startup and shutdown times. Cheers!
May 29, 2013 6:31:11 AM

The Blizzard one doesn't have a GPU so suited for games like GW2.

It does have a better GPU than the second one.

Both have a sub-standard amount of RAM.

The one your dad found isn't ideal either. The CPU is "low-end" and that's bad for GW2.

The GPU could also be a bit better. That, and you're getting 6GB RAM when you should have 8.

Try this build:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3350P 3.1GHz Quad-Core Processor (£139.92 @ Ebuyer)
Motherboard: Asus P8B75-M LX PLUS Micro ATX LGA1155 Motherboard (£46.58 @ Amazon UK)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory (£46.37 @ Dabs)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£46.79 @ Aria PC)
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 2GB Video Card (£149.98 @ Amazon UK)
Case: BitFenix Shinobi Window ATX Mid Tower Case (£59.90 @ Amazon UK)
Power Supply: Corsair CX 500W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply (£49.98 @ Amazon UK)
Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer (£10.72 @ Amazon UK)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8 (OEM) (64-bit) (£63.59 @ Aria PC)
Total: £613.83
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-05-29 14:23 BST+0100)

Bit more expensive yes, but much better potentially.

Gives you more storage, more RAM, a better GPU and a CPU to match it.

Granted, the case isn't as fancy.
Related resources
May 29, 2013 6:34:02 AM

Should i customise it? And when you said it can run GW2 what like a bit laggy or smooth but not the top end graphics? And are those two i found the best for my money if not could you post a link of what you found? Thanks
May 29, 2013 6:38:17 AM

Berserka said:
Should i customise it? And when you said it can run GW2 what like a bit laggy or smooth but not the top end graphics? And are those two i found the best for my money if not could you post a link of what you found? Thanks

I'd go with X79's suggestion. It will be a lot better if you build your own. :) 
May 29, 2013 7:59:08 AM

Well when buying a computer, you should always customize it, ideally.

I'm sure GW2 would be playable. I'm just saying, such games tend to be heavy

on the CPU side people say. Thus skimping on the CPU isn't a good idea.
May 29, 2013 8:04:44 AM

Yeah lol I play GW2 with my 5 year old PC. I'm on Core 2 Duo and a 7750. Graphics are great but the loading times are a pain in the ass.
!