How much are you willing to afford and how long do you expect it to last?

How much are you willing to afford for a new gaming Graphic Card, what life expectency do you think

• $50~199

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $200~499

• $500~799

• $800~1199

• $1200 and up. Price does not matter, just let me use the best of the best.

• I expect it to last 1 year then I change or I add cards

• I usually expect 2 to 3 years then I change or add cards

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • I usually expect 3 to 5 years then I change or add cards

• I usually expect 6 to 7 years then I change or add cards

• Time does not matter. Lowest settings does not bother me at all, I keep the card until games cannot

• Total voters

sebastien

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2010
I am not an analyst but it sounds like gaming graphic card retail cost have been bumping prices higher lately.
We can always states marketing truth such as it has the latest of this or that as well as it is a newer technology, it has more inputs.... etc..., yet, a gaming graphic card is meant for gaming along with less intensive tasks that one can execute or achieve on a PC which nowadays means a lot.

Out of a complete blue, I always saw myself not spending a dime more than $500 for a graphic card to play games.
I would expect best graphic results for this amount of money during the two first years of purchase or so. Then I was always expecting to keep the graphic card for another 5 to 6 years and play games at less than highest game settings.

Today, it sounds like Nvidia finds new "normals" price point. I wonder if that new normal is acceptable to everyone?

Thank you for your time,

Xardas26

Honorable
May 28, 2013

I would say that AMD and Nvidia banged their heads and they need another one to get their thinking right. All PC components are getting more expensive every half a year. Everything is getting more expensive, but the electronics are like two or three times than the usual stuff except the petrol :D. Still, they should really start doing something about it or the new gtx regular 9xx will cost 2000 bucks as well as the HD9xxx. Those pricing is just insane...