Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

Evga Announces Liquid-cooled GTX 780 HydroCopper

Last response: in News comments
Share
May 29, 2013 9:06:29 AM

i want one :( 
Score
3
a c 91 U Graphics card
May 29, 2013 9:45:12 AM

screw wanting one, if we're talking wants, I want 5 :D 
four for 4-way SLI, and one to put on my desk just so I can look at it and make my friends jelly :p 
Score
9
Related resources
May 29, 2013 10:49:46 AM

vmem said:
screw wanting one, if we're talking wants, I want 5 :D 
four for 4-way SLI, and one to put on my desk just so I can look at it and make my friends jelly :p 


Do you have a good insurance company? Because if you have State Farm, I don't think they will be a good neighbor when your computer hits 200C!:pfff: 
Score
-1
May 29, 2013 10:57:51 AM

shut up and take my money
Score
2
a c 87 U Graphics card
May 29, 2013 11:16:03 AM

... I can't believe I'm seriously considering upgrading from an air cooled 670.
Score
0
a b U Graphics card
May 29, 2013 11:24:39 AM

Trade my normal GTX 780 back to eVGA for this baby.
Score
1
May 29, 2013 11:27:34 AM

I can't even imagine the price tag. You know its going to be of $900+
But, I'd be lying if I said I didn't want to replace my WC'd 680 with one.
Score
0
May 29, 2013 12:46:24 PM

Oh look they slapped a sticker on a waterblock they didn't make and put it on an existing graphics card.
Score
-3
May 29, 2013 1:11:57 PM

Oh look they slapped a sticker on a waterblock they didn't make and put it on an existing graphics card.
Score
-2
Anonymous
May 29, 2013 3:40:49 PM

Going from a 3Gb 580 to one of these should be a huge boost in fps at 2560 x 1600 res.
Score
0
Anonymous
May 29, 2013 4:40:55 PM

I'd prefer a transparent block so that we could at least see the coolant. The sticker makes it look cheap, too.
Score
0
May 29, 2013 8:02:36 PM

I'm still waiting for my hydro copper titan to get arrive...
Score
0
May 29, 2013 10:42:46 PM

"...no word on pricing or availability." As in it will cost way more than it would if you made a custom liquid cooler for a stock GTX 780 yourself and it will be made in limited numbers which means it will be sold out almost as soon as they ship them and the only way to get one is on ebay for a huge mark up just like the Titan.
Score
-1
May 30, 2013 7:04:51 AM

Am I the only one bummed water cooled cards are no longer one slot?
Score
1
a c 87 U Graphics card
May 30, 2013 1:14:24 PM

shadowfamicom said:
Am I the only one bummed water cooled cards are no longer one slot?


I've been lamenting that for a long time now. If they made a water cooled 780 with fewer ports but a single slot, I would buy it in an instant.
Score
0
May 30, 2013 9:33:36 PM

It's $800 USD guys, about the same price as the 680 Hydro and 580 Hydro. It's also factory overclocked. EVGA Hydros are really REALLY nice cards. I have 2 x GTX 580 Hydro's and I'm seriously considering swapping them out for 2x GTX 780's. Maybe use a 900D case cause I want to put in another radiator.
Score
0
a b U Graphics card
May 31, 2013 11:55:36 AM

DarkSable said:
shadowfamicom said:
Am I the only one bummed water cooled cards are no longer one slot?


I've been lamenting that for a long time now. If they made a water cooled 780 with fewer ports but a single slot, I would buy it in an instant.


I agree with you. I think they need to release WC cards with single slot by eliminating the need for HDMI and thus placing a DL-DVI port next to the DP. I returned my eVGA GTX 780 stock edition for the Hydro Copper which should be here soon. I did the math of buying my own block with fittings and it came to the same price. So I just opted for their pre-made WC card. I can't wait.
Score
0
a c 87 U Graphics card
June 9, 2013 12:46:39 PM

hero1 said:
I agree with you. I think they need to release WC cards with single slot by eliminating the need for HDMI and thus placing a DL-DVI port next to the DP. I returned my eVGA GTX 780 stock edition for the Hydro Copper which should be here soon. I did the math of buying my own block with fittings and it came to the same price. So I just opted for their pre-made WC card. I can't wait.


It wouldn't even need to go that far - I'm staring at my 670 right now, and it has a full size DP, hdmi, and DL-DVI all in a row; the other side is used for cooling and another DL-DVI. (For a single card, you'd need the room of the HDMI to have cooling ports, but since we're talking about a watercooled card...)

Score
0
!