Upgrade Advice for a Noob

1stTimeTinkerer

Honorable
May 29, 2013
Hi people let me start by saying thank you in advance for anyone who takes time to read and/or give me any suggestions or advice really appreaciate it.

So i have been a console gamer mostly up until now and used my pc mainly for streaming video browsing etc, but after being massivly underwhelmed by the next generation im looking to make the move to the "master race" and have my PC as my main gaming platform. This will be my first time building/upgrading but i have watched so many tuturials at this point i dont think i can go wrong.

I don't really have a time frame I guess it would be nice to have somthing that runs BF4 on ultra @1080p when it drops (so anytime in next 6 months lol). Also i dont have a hard budget let's say £500 as a ballpark figure i just want to spend smart for e.g i have got no problem spending an extra couple £100's if it means i get a longer life out of my machine or cheaper upgrade path saving money in the long run.

My current Rig
•Cooler Master Elite 371 Midi Tower
•500w OCZ Corexstream 80 plus PSU
•8GB (2x4) 1333Mhz DDR3
•500GB (7200rpm) SATA III Hard Drive
•Gigabyte B75M-D3V 1155 Micro ATX Motherboard
•Pentium G620 dual core cpu
•DVD drive.
Also i have got monitor wireless adapter other peripherals.

Now i realise i can probably just slap an i5 3750k and like a HD radeon 7950 and probably be good to go but like i say i wanna spend smart. Another Note i got no preference amd over intel/nvidea although the free games with amd gpu's i cant see why not but anyway i will leave that to u guys.

Thanks again for you consideration :D

1stTimeTinkerer

Honorable
May 29, 2013
Thanks for you time but £500 is approx $750 why a link to a $350 dollar pc build that isnt gonna do what i want. Also do i throw my current rig in the bin?

The_Doctor

Honorable
May 19, 2013

Whats your current OS? and is it OEM?
The Doctor

The_Doctor

Honorable
May 19, 2013

Original Manufacture edition (it means OS only can be used once and its tied to your MB)
However looking at your MB it seems to be compatible with an i5 so you can do this build one bit at a time.
For the first stage your Case, Ram, HD, MB, DVD will be fine. I'm not sure about your PSU tho.
So I would upgrade your CPU to an i5 and your GPU at first (With Maybe a new PSU)
then that should do you for quite a while. Then you can consider replacing RAM etc.
For £500 you should get a Decent GPU/i5.

1stTimeTinkerer

Honorable
May 29, 2013
Thank you. Thats what i was thinkin. Was a little worried with next gen consoles having 8 cores games may start optomising for that and an i5 become obsolete quicker compared to say an amd fx-83xx.

The_Doctor

Honorable
May 19, 2013

Xbone is plain Shit and offloads most CPU to cloud
Ps4s GPU is strong so is its Ram speed but its CPUS weak so most of the burden will be on the GPU.
The Doctor