Why are cyberpower pc/ ibuypower gaming pcs so cheap?

cyber power, ibuypower, or avatar gaming desktops?

• Total voters

claw it

Honorable
May 29, 2013
do they break down in like 1 hour or something lol? because there cheap, look cool, and hella goods specs for the price. I mean is there a low failure rate, a medium, or a high? if it's a low for those specs it's worth it.... and are they cheap chinese parts? because they give you the chance to choose your brand of ram, so why do people complain it's cheap chinese companies?

Kristy Hamik

Honorable
Jun 12, 2013

Just a heads up on IBUYPOWER.

I bought an IBUYPOWER signature series Desktop on a Thursday. Credit card charged Thursday; I requested 24 hour service. From the order:

Order Number: C87API Shipping Method: Fedex Standard Overnight Order Total: $2,678.00

It did not ship Friday. Called Monday. Why no ship? Rep told me there was an unidentifiable "incompatibility" issue, however, the only person who knew what the problem was not there. When I got pissed about this they sent me to an 800 number that was actually a direct tv sales pitch. Seriously. Instead of helping, IBUYPOWER customer service pranked me on purpose. I eventually got Richard Lee (supposedly a manager?). Not incompatibility issue, rather the 32gb of corsair vengence I ordered was not in stock. (wha? why say you can ship in 24 hours when you don't even have parts in stock?). I said I needed it shipped that day for delivery Tuesday; replace the parts with cheaper stock.

Arrived next day fed ex (this was add'l $179 shipping, $125 IBUY charge). Opened it up, hooked up monitor, keyboard flipped FAN ERROR press F1 to enter bios. OVERHEAT ERROR. Turned off. Checked fan wire to MB. Sure enough it was disconnected. Turned back on. BLANK. Yup had the unit 5 minutes and it was fried. Totally dead.

Certainly IBUYPOWER would resolve this? Since their tech support closes at 5p (awesome!) nothing to do but wait till next day. Next day (today) I asked for RMA and refund. Got RMA number from Richard Lee -- asked when I would get refund, response Lee hung up. Super Awesome. Had to call back because I did not write down RMA before he hung up.

On redial, Lee was busy, (uh huh) waited over an hour on hold. Finally came on said he was sooo busy. Refund was per warranty listed on website. I pointed out the website doesn’t say how/when repaid. Asked when I would get repaid. HUNG UP AGAIN. Before hanging up he did say that I should have checked the fan connection before turning on the PC. Uh…. Yea. Clearly this my error.

I now have the pleasure of boxing up, taking to freaking post office and paying for return air on my IBUYPOWER $2,678.00 paperweight. Now I can't my meet the project deadline (no system). I will never buy anything from these guys again. Ever. Search suggests poor wiring build is problem for these guys, and forget about them doing anything to make up for their mistakes.

TH3xL3GITx40

Reputable
Apr 10, 2015
my ibuypower pc did fine for a couple months and went insane one night when the liquid cooler began to fail if you dont mind spending a little extra money for fans to replace the liquid coolers it would do quite fine

TH3xL3GITx40

Reputable
Apr 10, 2015

if your buying a pc with your parents money you shouldn't be considered part of the pc race sorry