middle mouse button

AndKar

Honorable
May 29, 2013
when i click MMB mutes / unmutes sound (windows 8) so some programs i.e. google earth, blender not working good.
How can i disable this function?

TenPc

Honorable
Jul 11, 2012
MMB - Mumble Mumble Bumble? MusicMatch Box?

Edit - OOPS! you mean Middle Mouse Button... hahaha it was when you said mute/unmute..you can't mute with the middle mouse, it is a scroller, or can be used in a Word document to click as another type of scrolling action, click the MMB then move the mouse up and down to scroll the document.

Go to Control Panel > Mouse and change the action for the MMB. The MMB should be a wheel and not a button, you can still clcick the wheel, it's still a button, it just looks like a wheel.

You can't use those old 3 button mouse/s, they are only usb 1.1 at most.

Edit - Actually, the MMB click option does scroll my internet page.

The_Doctor

Honorable
May 19, 2013

What make and model is your mouse ?
The Doctor

AndKar

Honorable
May 29, 2013

It's a Silvercrest M2218M Wireless Mouse

AndKar

Honorable
May 29, 2013

i 've used it for almost 3 years in windows xp, 7 and 8 and worked fine but suddenly started this problem.

TenPc

Honorable
Jul 11, 2012
The middlie button has never been used for naything but scrolling of sorts even with a Mac mouse.
You can use the Mac mouse and Mac keyboard with Windows but why bother when there are plenty of proper mice/keyboard for Windows PC's available very cheaply. I only said you can't use it with Windows because there are some keys on the keyboard specifically for Mac, and the mouse button is bi-directional which isn't a feature of a PC mouse.

I don't know how you managed to use the button to mute/unmute, never heard of such a thing. Try unplugging the mouse and use a different port, the mouse would then re-install itself to the new usb port.

http://www.quickonlinetips.com/archives/2009/05/apple-mighty-mouse-on-windows-pc/