how to lower ping????????????????????????????

Dome3731

Honorable
May 30, 2013
Hi, my ping use to be 66 in tribes ascend and then it went up to 78 and in my desperate atempt to lower it using all kinds of programs all kind of dwords tcpackfrequency tcpnodelay and then i downloaded tcpoptimizer and more in the end i increased it to 200 can someone please please help me?!

If this is 100% within a network you control in your office or building then it is very high and maybe you can fix it.

Other than that it is not possible to fix this...especially low number like you have. The number you are seeing likely represent distance. The traffic can only travel at the maximum the speed of light and there are other things in the network that are not light based so it never really runs that fast.

What could have happened was the ISP changed a path that lead to the server on another ISP. It could go though a different city or even country. Unless both you and the server use the same ISP and the ISP has a fiber between the cities it will likely go all over the place. You can if you work at it find out with traceroute but all it does is tell you why.

Only way you maybe fix this is pay the ISP big money to give you a optimum path. Its not like changing the software options will make much difference or as you found out make it a lot worse,