Recomendation for power supply and/or budget alternatives to my current setup

Brinks25

Honorable
May 30, 2013
I'm looking for recomendations on a power supply for my first custom rig. I cant quite firgure out what i will need and i also plan on upgraging to the i5 someday in the future. I think iv got a decent set up as this is my first time but if you know of some similary priced items that may be better i am open to options. The case and power supply are my primary concerns however. Also i will be using this rig for gaming mostly FPSs and varios MMOs. Thanks in advance!

i will be running:

Intel Core i3-3220 3.3GHz Dual-Core Processor
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H ATX LGA1155 Motherboard
Gigabyte Radeon HD 7770 1GB Video Card
Cooler Master Storm Scout ATX Mid Tower Case
Intel X25-M 80GB 2.5" Solid State Disk
with a 500GB drive from my current rig

Brinks25

Honorable
May 30, 2013

Sorry forgot to link i will also be using a corsair 8 GB ram

Brinks25

Honorable
May 30, 2013
So would a 450W psu be enough for what i have in there? My buld was close to the one you posted but from what i have read my GPU should require less wattage.

Brinks25

Honorable
May 30, 2013

Ok great thanks for your help. Im curently playing on the line for my budget, a 400W may be just the trick.

X79

Honorable
The reason why people like to have a little buffer, is because PSUs do degrade over time.

Meaning less Ws being supplied. It can also be for upgrade reasons that you include slightly

more than you really need. All such things. Just, whatever you do, WHATEVER YOU DO, do not

skimp on the PSU. A bad PSU can fry your entire rig (and house if it catches a fire). So make sure

to get that 80+ BRONZE cert (some just say 80+ PLUS) and get it from a reputable maker. Corsair, Seasonic,

XFX, Cooler Master, Antec and so such ones.