Sign in with
Your question

How do i hook up sur-sound from my TV thru my stereo reciever ?

Last response: in Components
May 30, 2013 3:41:56 PM

How do i get surround sound using just my tv, stereo reciever & surround sound speakers ? What type of cables do i need ?
May 30, 2013 4:13:47 PM

you would need to run a digital audio signal to your receiver ( i assume you mean its an A/V receiver and not a stereo one). The cable you need depends on the TV's audio out and receiver's audio in; HDMI, optical, or coaxial
May 30, 2013 4:48:39 PM

dirtyferret said:
you would need to run a digital audio signal to your receiver ( i assume you mean its an A/V receiver and not a stereo one). The cable you need depends on the TV's audio out and receiver's audio in; HDMI, optical, or coaxial

Related resources
May 30, 2013 4:59:47 PM

dirtyferret said:

It is an A/V reciever......do i use the 5.1 ch or the TV a/v in hook ups on the reciever ? Do i need an S cable ? Also they're RCA jax !!
May 30, 2013 7:38:36 PM

The s cable only carries a video signal, no audio. If your tv only has rca jacks then the only signal you can send is an analog stereo.
!