xp SP2 needed

sharpmark

Honorable
May 31, 2013
trying to install my old xp pro(32-bit) on sons first pc, where to get SP2 so make slipstream with SP3 for first install? Thanks if any help available.

sharpmark

Honorable
May 31, 2013
just to clarify, I'm downloading SP2 and SP3 'Installation Packages for IT Developers and Networks etc..' from microsoft website - to see if that works with creating an integrated disc (maybe DVD if too big for CD) using nLite. I've checked out process results in burning recognisable autorun disc by using the 64 bit SP2 first by mistake. nLite didn't integrate/slipstream that SP2 giving '32 bit incomapatability file' error message but created a working copy of my XP Pro with SATA driver anyway. So i know I can do something -but what will the 'Installer Package for Networks' behave like? thanks for reading, only a year to go until the end of xp anyway.

sharpmark

Honorable
May 31, 2013
answering my own post if it helps anyone. LOL. Yes, the XP SP2 for Develpers etc is ok for all 32-bit versions of windows xp , the only service packs left for xp on microsoft website! - download and intergrate with your SATA CD/DVD driver on slipstream disc (CD !!!NOT!!! DVD) using nLite following nLite instructions carefully for making an integrated/updated/driver/bootable disc - burn the ISO to cd and it will autorun fine. It will just fit on a CD. The 'Unattend..' folder on your installation disc may not always have the correct Product Key - it is just a .txt file and in no way takes part in the installation process - doublecheck why you think the Product Key is valid - best to write on CD itself as IT techs always do. If a letter looks like a 'U' or a 'V' - then try both. Install on new build (unformatted HDD) computer. Then download and install SP3 (also 'Network Professionals and Developers Package etc etc). Update to Media Player 11 for 32-bit XP, it will NOT work ie - no playing DVD videos and don't expect any MS support, but get all the codecs etc free elsewhere and just go to CNET and install their player. Do not try and roll-back to Media Player 10 or uninstall anything - CNET player needs these running in the background.