Nvidia 7870 Build. High end!

kevinwants2know

Honorable
Oct 30, 2012
Just about to order all the parts to assemble my first build. If you guys can please just look over the parts, and let me know if im good to go, or i should change a couple things. Note that i am waiting for the new haswell 4570k. Just want to know if everything fits.

Also is the case to small to fit everything in a neat matter, should i upgrade to a FULL tower? If you want to know why i chose a certain part over another, feel free to ask.

Also, if i did go with the case i have, will the Phantecks Fan fit, i hear its pretty huge!

Please reply, thanks!

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/11Afl

there is no such thing as a 7870 from nvidia.

id change everything and get this
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/11ACl

-i7s arent for gaming
-the smaller phanteks cools quite well for much cheaper
-way better boards out there
-cheaper 8gb ram kits avaliable that are just as good
-raid 0 is useless.
-cheaper ssd that are fast enough that you cannot tell the difference between them
-SLI 780s are overkill for 1440p
-you dont need such a high end sound card. especially for speakers
-cheaper case but just as good
-wattage is overkill
-better mice from other companies
-overspending on speakers

gigabyte is coming out with their windforce 780. id get that instead of the evga

thdarkshadow

Honorable
Feb 6, 2013
Don't order anything till the cpu you want comes out. It takes a new motherboard and the cooler may or may not work with it. Also why a almost $200 sound card? If you really listen to music all the time and have high end headphones or a high end surround sound system and you have money to blow go ahead but there are plenty of nice cards for less money. In gaming sound cards can make a difference but it isn't huge after you get a basic $30 one

ericjohn004

Honorable
Oct 26, 2012
Sound cards are pointless. The motherboards sound card will sound just as good. And if you have the money to blow then why get a 4570k? Why not spend another 100$ and get a 4770k?

Also, you should check out the Corsair K90 keyboard and Corsair M90 mouse. I own both of those products and they are the best money can buy. They are made out of stainless steel and really just look classy as hell. And they perform like it too.

Also, since you have the money why not get a watercooled setup? Like an H100i. It'll keep your CPU cooler and you'll have lots of space in that case. You won't have to get low profile RAM either. You could get some Corsair Dominator Platinum RAM with while LED's on it. Now that's a classy build.

If you want a really nice gaming monitor then you should try the BenQ TL2720TX 3D 120hz 2ms GTG Gaming monitor. I own the 24 inch version and it's just fantastic.

I own all the best peripherals and monitor. Since it looks like you want the best, then get what I have. You won't be disappointed. Especially the M90 and K90 mouse and keyboard. Be sure to check those out. I had bought a different set of mouse and keyboard at first. But when I saw the M90 and K90 I had to have them. And I'm glad I switched. Don't make the mistake to start off with.

Edit: Let me just add that a build like this deserves a Corsair obsidian 850D. Or is it called a 900D? I forgot. The new obsidian case. And you could go with Corsiar Dominator RAM, Corsair H100i cooler, Corsair Gold PSU along with the K90 and M90 mouse. You'll have parts that match and Corsair is high quality. I like the 600T too though, classy case. Just my 2c.

ericjohn004

Honorable
Oct 26, 2012

-An i7 is a great choice for a gaming build. Most people don't only just game. If he has the money, why not get an i7? Especially if he's not only gaming.
-The SSD's are a great choice. Just face it. Some people have the money. I wish I had 840 Pro's much less in RAID0.
-Some people want a nice looking case. Like myself. We don't want some rinky dink plastic POS even if it does get good air flow. Who wants there 3-4000$ build in a less than awesome case. This is the biggest problem I have with your comment. 4000$ worth of stuff, you want it to look like a 4000$ machine.
-I spent big on speakers and I enjoy every minute of the sound they put out. I got Bose.
-Who wouldn't want 2 780's in SLI? Especially if you gaming at 120hz and need than 120FPS. It'll be a beast setup.
-What if he wants to add another 780? Then he'll need the extra wattage from the PSU.
-But yes, there are better mice, and keyboards too. Like the K90 and M90. Especially since he's spending so big, he should have the best keyboard and mouse combo. Which is the K90/M90 combo.
-I agree also on the motherboard. I think he should just get a Gigabyte UD5H. The new Z87 ones.

raid 0 has been proven to do nothing. a slightly faster SSD does not justify a 60 dollar increase in price

if he was really doing work, he would have more than 8gb of ram. throwing money when you have it at a problem is meaningless

you can get the same sound for much cheaper than bose. they sound great, but options are much cheaper yet sound the same

its clear that he isnt gaming on 120hz.

750w is plenty for a 780 SLI

the k90 is inferior to the trigger in terms of how all the keys are actually mech instead of some being rubber dome. and that price is awesome for a trigger

there are better mice than the m90. logitech stuff is pretty much the standard if you want quality and great support for a good price