Looking for help connecting my xbox to tp link

Lesley b

Honorable
May 31, 2013
I have got a tp link n600 wireless USB adapter and I'm tryin to find out how to connect my Xbox to it. Any help plz.

wirelessnut

Honorable
May 31, 2013
Generic wifi adapters will not work with Xbox since you cannot install specific drivers on xbox.
Consider a powerline solution which will allow you to run an ethernet cable over your home's electrical wiring.

Lesley b

Honorable
May 31, 2013
I can't as my broadband is down stairs and my daughters xbox is up stairs. I thought of tryin to hook up my old talk talk router some joe but I have t a clue.

wirelessnut

Honorable
May 31, 2013
Powerline kits come in two pieces. You plug the first block downstairs by your broadband router. Then you plug the other block upstairs by your xbox.

Broadband router (downstairs) <-> Ethernet cable <-> Powerline adapter block 1 <---- Your home's electrical system ----> Powerline adapter block 2 <-> Ethernet cable <-> Xbox (upstairs)

Here is a diagram that explains it better:
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-n4kcq5_foxs/UIFVExbhQDI/AAAAAAAAAeQ/UIJ82fQQAdE/s1600/actiontec-hle08500-01k-megaplug-85mbps-ethernet-homeplug-av-powerline-networking-adapter-kit-house-diagram.jpg

wirelessnut

Honorable
May 31, 2013
You can find them by searching "powerline kit" or "homeplug kit" on Amazon, Google shopping and other sites. I suggest sorting results by highest rating/reviews.

By searching for "kit" you will make sure you get both needed pieces.