Network lag spikes

exploder2013

Honorable
Feb 10, 2013
Hello.

When playing games I always get lag spikes that appear about every 3 mins and when they appear, it's like losing internet for 1 to 2 secs. In games like MW3 I always run into walls or miss enemy, etc. because of this and it's really annoying.

My router is: TP-LINK TL-WR340G and i'm using cable connection. This happens always, no matter how much people are connected to the router. Is there anything I could do to solve this?

Exploder

Edit: I've found program called DPC Latency Checker and ran it when playing MW3. I quit the game after first "spike" and took a photo what the program said.

Here's the image:
lag_spike.png

Ian Wardell

Honorable
Apr 30, 2013
run malware anti malware bytes http://www.malwarebytes.org/ im thinking a trojen that screen shotting you or something . (sorry its late ish)

exploder2013

Honorable
Feb 10, 2013

Have ran it already little time ago (like week) - nothing found, ran it now - nothing found. Plus I have antivirus and if some program would execute something bad then it would be caught long time ago (my virus definitions are updated daily).

exploder2013

Honorable
Feb 10, 2013
Fixed it by formatting and re installing Windows, not sure what caused the issue, but it definitely wasn't malware or anything like that.