acer aspire one shuts down when moved onto different surface

sparkles_bo0m

Honorable
May 31, 2013
my acer aspire one automatically shuts down everytime i move onto a different surface. i would want to move my laptop somewhere else then the laptop itself automatically shuts down. what is the problem?!

andrew_berge

Honorable
Apr 29, 2013
Do you close the screen when you move? By default, that will put the computer into standby.
You can change that by going into: Battery Settings -> Change plan settings -> Change advanced power settings
Then look for "Power buttons and lid", and you can set it to do nothing when you close it.

sparkles_bo0m

Honorable
May 31, 2013
I do not close the screen I just move around. I make sure that I am not touching the power button but its just shuts off .I don't know whyit does that can you help?!

Bonehead910

Honorable
Jun 1, 2013
If it's just shutting off without any warning (Immediate black screen) Check that your battery/power cable are plugged in nice and tight. Could even be a short in the cable. I've had this happen with some laptops.

sparkles_bo0m

Honorable
May 31, 2013
it does say that the laptop is shutting down. my battery is good I just got the laptop last year for Christmas . it just shuts down like you would if you were to press the power button or go to the start menu and press shut down.. can you help???