SATA Cables Mixed?

MidasLeon

Honorable
Jun 1, 2013
Hey guys, about an hour ago I changed my SSD SATA plug from 3GB port to the 6GB port, but in the process I had to unplug my optical drive and HDD also from the other SATA ports. In the end I plugged the dual cables from my SSD into the SATA 6GB port. Then I found a problem, I mixed the optical drive cable and the HDD cable together, I just went for a guess and plugged them in where I thought, the dual SATA cables in to one and then single one from the optical drive into another. If I did mix up the cables would I some problem arise? I'm new to PCs but slowly learning. So far so good it's all working but I have only been using it for about 15 min. So overall if I did mix the dual cables from the HDD with one of the optical drive what would happen, if there is a difference in the first place.

As long as the SSD is connected to a SATAIII (or 6Gb/s) port your fine. When it comes to HDD's and especially optical's it doesn't matter what port they are connected too.
Your fine as far as I can tell.

MidasLeon

Honorable
Jun 1, 2013

Okay thanks for that, I just thought I got my HDD and optical mixed up in the 1 SATA controller.