Bsod from possibly the graphics card or?? need some advise

Status
Not open for further replies.

riis

Honorable
Dec 8, 2012
I have recently (1,5 week ago) bought a new graphics card the "MSI N680GTX Twin Frozr 2GD5/OC"

right after i installed it and did driver installation/update i noticed Bsod in games but thought due to previous Radeon drivers it might be a conflict.

I did a clean install latest drivers i could find - same problem - Bsod ID 1030
a list of the drivers causing the BSOD is: Dxgkrnl.sys, Dxgmms1.sys, Ntoskrnl.exe, nvlddmkm.sys.
Nirsoft states its in the dxgkrnl.sys address 5d000

average temperature is 65C on the graphics and around the same on the motherboard at full load.

I thought it was due to old Mainboard (asus p7p55d and old i7 860) so i bought the gigabyte x79-ud3 with i7 3930K but the problem continued sadly. i did memtest86+ for about 16 hours while i slept and was at work without errors, but i read that some errors doesnt show in that test.

i underclogged the graphics card as i read that could work things out but not in my case.

So do anyone know if it is an issue of physical nature eg faulty card or is it a software issue, or perhaps something else entirely that i have yet to work out ???

setup is
12gb kingston pc13600 4x3gb
msi n680 GTX frozr 2gd5 / oc
Gigabyte x79-ud3
i7 3930K
windows 7 ult 64bit
124gb vertex4 OCZ
hgst 4tb hdd
corsair pro ax850 gold PSU

knightdog56

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2008
Have you run check disk from your hard drive tools, and also have you ran system file checker with administrator privileges from the command prompt. Could be some leftover files from AMD, if you did not do a clean install.

Status
Not open for further replies.