Best AM3/AM3+ Cpu for Gaming?

G

What is the best AM3/AM3+ CPU for gaming right now? I believe I currently have the FX-4170. Would rather not buy a different socket CPU because then I would have to change the MOBO and I have an OEM windows, but if I have to i guess i will. Also will AMD's next CPU's be am3+? or will will they change the socket anyway. Or should I invest in overclocking or is buying a new Windows, MOBO, and CPU more worth while?
Thanks for any info :).

TheMentalist

Distinguished
The best choice for AM3+ right now will be the FX-8350. Its a beast multitasker and handles every game atm. The 8350 will be a solid CPU in future as games will be leaning on more cores of the CPU. No need to upgrade to another mobo/os. There is no other AMD choice actually. You can go the Intel route for much better performance, but take it from me, its not worth it right now.

G

How powerful of a GPU can accommodate the FX-8350 without running into bottle necking issues? Also
is the $200 worth the upgrade from the FX-4170?

TheMentalist

Distinguished
The 8350 can be paired with any card right now mate. A best gaming solution card will be the GTX770. You can also go with the 780 if you want to or even a TITAN. But it depends on your needs. If you're a AMD guy, the 7950 is a strong card for gaming, handles everything maxed

About that $200 upgrade, well if you are a heavy multitasker, go with the 8350. Other than that i dont see a point upgrading from a 4170