Sign in with
Your question

Problems installing ASUS HD7770 2gb.

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 1, 2013 11:07:57 AM

Hello,

I recently purchased the ASUS HD7770 2gb Graphics card. I've fixed it into my PC no bother and the PCIE plug is plugged in as well. Now I've got a couple of problems with it.

1 - Whenever I try and install the drivers the message "Please Install VGA card of ASUS" pops up. I've tried downloading the drivers directly from ASUS as well but they don't seem to install either.

2 - I have my VGA plugged into the MB port because if I have it plugged into the graphics card port it gets to the "Starting Windows" screen and then goes blank but I can still hear the start up sounds.

I'd really appreciate the help. Not going to lie this is my first custom PC and first time installing a graphics card so I'm sure I've missed something ridiculously obvious.
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 84 U Graphics card
June 1, 2013 11:24:26 AM

Oh yeah you sure missed something. :) 

Go to bios and change default (primary) video adapter to PCIE (PEG) instead of integrated.
Basically its setting the video card to first priority and then plug in the monitor to video card.

Save the settings and restart the system. It should work then.

Report back with your observations.
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 84 U Graphics card
June 1, 2013 11:24:40 AM

// I'm sorry double post.
Related resources
June 1, 2013 11:46:23 AM

Thanks for the quick reply,

I went into my bios but I could not find the option for changing the video adapter. I'm running on a gigabyte system, not entirely sure if that's any help for finding a solution.
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 84 U Graphics card
June 1, 2013 11:47:32 AM

Please list your Mobo Model, I can help you find it. :) 
June 1, 2013 12:13:03 PM

Gigabyte ga 78lmt s2p is the model type.
I think I may have found the option, but something I forgot to mention before hand is that when I start using the GC VGA port, certain parts of the screen have colour problems and are very pixelated and once it gets to the log in screen it goes blank and a message pops up on the monitor saying "Input not supported".

Sorry for the vague description and thanks for the help :) 
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 84 U Graphics card
June 1, 2013 12:25:40 PM

Look through the BIOS menu options. While many different BIOS versions exist, video card settings are commonly found under the "Advanced" menu or the "Primary Video Adapter" menu. Use your arrow keys to select this menu option and press "Enter."

Change the onboard video setting from "Enabled" to "Disabled." Press "F10" to save your settings and exit.
In some bios, there would be same thing but in priorities, there you have to give PCIE first priority.
June 1, 2013 1:08:17 PM

The options I found that may be correct are changing the internal graphics mode which when I disable it, it does switch to using the GC VGA but I'm still getting the pixelated screen and colour mistakes and a message saying "Input not support" unfortunately.
The other option is the INIT Display First which I have three options of PCI Slot, On chip VGA and PEG.

a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 84 U Graphics card
June 1, 2013 9:42:45 PM

Good Morning

Yeah that is the exact setting :) 

Its full forum is Initialize display first.

As I said, some boards work on priorities and this is the one. Here you have to choose PCI Slot, save, ok. Now turn off the system and put in the card (don't forget PSU cable). and turn it on again. The screen should have resolution like 800 x 600 (everything too big). In that sceen, download drivers for your card and install. Then re boot. And it should go fine. Please report back. :) 

P.S - Sorry it was night at our place .. so couldn't answer.
June 12, 2014 6:52:25 PM

luckiest charm said:
Good Morning

As I said, some boards work on priorities and this is the one. Here you have to choose PCI Slot, save, ok. Now turn off the system and put in the card (don't forget PSU cable). and turn it on again. The screen should have resolution like 800 x 600 (everything too big). In that sceen, download drivers for your card and install. Then re boot. And it should go fine. Please report back. :) 

Did this work Hal? I just purchased the same card and am having some trouble installing it. It seems like the computer just isn't recognizing it. I get "no signal" on the monitor when the display is plugged into the graphics card. Also what do you mean by PSU cable?
June 13, 2014 8:39:32 AM

NicholasPaul said:
luckiest charm said:
Good Morning

Did this work Hal? I just purchased the same card and am having some trouble installing it. It seems like the computer just isn't recognizing it. I get "no signal" on the monitor when the display is plugged into the graphics card. Also what do you mean by PSU cable?

Hey there Nicholas,

It turned out the card I had bought a faulty card. I tried everything I could find about it and ended up returning the card, put the replacement in and it worked straight away, didn't have to install any extra drivers or anything it downloaded them all automatically and worked perfectly.
Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Hal
!