Recording games, optimal HDD configuration

aTeam

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2009
I am interested in recording games and have DxTory ready to go.
I'm running an MSI 670, i7 920, 12gb ram, OS installed on wd 750gb black, just put two 2tb wd reds in (raid 1). Both the raided reds and the black have an OS installed. My black drive has been running for a long long time and is filled. I'm not sure which drive or drives if I keep them raided I should put my OS on permanently.

I've heard that I need over 100mb/s writing to record 1080p on and my current 750 black (which is stuffed to the max) wrote at 77mb/s while my new 2tb reds (in raid 1 currently) wrote at 120+. Now I'm wondering if I should put them in raid 0 or no raid configuration at all and just beat on one of the new drives and put my operating system on the other. So I have a lot of options and I'm wondering what you guys think. I feel kind of bad beating on my new drives, I'd rather just beat my old black drive to death lol.

Current plan (if possible): Remove the raid configuration and format one of the two reds, we'll call it red1. Red2 already has an OS on it and is running nicely. I'll move black1 to red1 and format black1. So I won't lose any data and I'll have both OS on a drive, my old data on red1 and the new OS I just installed on red2 today. Speed test black1 and if it's acceptable I'll record on that. If not I'll take what I need from red1 and keep red2 as my OS. Format and partition red1 to 750/1250~ and set DxTory to record on red1's 750 partition and black1. I'll find a use for the other 1250. AH so many options help!

Cliffs:
OS installed on wd750 black
bought two 2tb wd reds (raid 1)
want to record games
not sure if I want to beat on my new HDDs by recording, not to mention they are excessively large for the simple task of recording games.
need 100mb/s + write, black did 77, reds did 120+
reinstalling my OS is kind of a pain, I just put win7 on my raid configuration, can I remove the raid and have both drives appear?

Sorry I am not being as thorough with my description as I would like. If you need clarification on anything I'll reply as fast as I can, thank you for helping!