This might be the best $1000-$1100 Gaming PC (I have ever seen/will make)

AceOfDiamonds

Honorable
May 31, 2013
I am creating a gaming build and I just totaled the prices and I am right under $1000. Since I will have some leftover cash, I'm considering upgrading my GPU. I'm debating over staying with the 7950 or going 7970.

I also need some help on peripherals. I need a new mouse,keyboard,headphones and monitor. I have some chosen so far, but I think you guys may know the better products.
ALSO IF ANYONE CAN FIND ME ANY BETTER DEALS I'D APPRECIATE A LINK

Build (Without GPU):
Nzxt Phantom 410 Black (CASE)
Intel Core i5-3570k (CPU)
This bundles with and AsRock Extreme4 to make the motherboard only $95
AsRock Extreme4 (MOTHERBOARD)
Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo (FAN)
Corsair CX Series CX600M (Power Supply)
Patriot Viper 3 8gb(2x4gb) 1600mhz (RAM)
LG 12x SATA Blu-Ray Disc Combo Internal Drive (Optical Drive)
Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB Internal HDD (HARD DRIVE)
SanDisk UltraPro 128gb (SSD)
2x Bitfenix Spectre Pro 120mm Single Fans with Blue LED (Fans) I chose these to add in the case for a black/ blue led look with the case. I might add on more later.

GPUs:

I can't decide on which of these motherboards to pick. I want the 7950 because it's cheaper and I think can overclock to around the levels of a stock 7970. I want the 7970 because it is even more powerful than the 7950 lol. The problem is, it's more expensive. Can anyone tell me the performance increase from an OCed 7950 and OCed 7970? and which I should get . They are all Vapor X.

Sapphire Radeon 7950 Vapor-X
Sapphire Radeon 7970 Vapor-X this would cost me another $100

Last, but very important because I need real reviews since I don't really use "gaming/ higher end" stuff

Peripherals(What I have now):

I was thinking of getting a Azio large print Tri Color Led Illuminated Keyboard I don't "really" need all the gaming crap, a nice standard fully keyed board would do with BLUE LEDS!. I was also thinking of going with a Microsoft Sidewinder x4(used one,for better pricing), but I like blue LED, it matches my setup and its my fav color but if this board is really better I'd take it. If you have anything better tell me.

I also chose a E-3lue Cobra Type-M High Precision Gaming Mouse since it lights up blue and probably fits my hand better than most weirdly shaped mice. I would really like a mouse with buttons because I play MMOs more than anything, it has to be pretty cheap though.

For headphones I went wireless (bluetooth) so I can use it with many other devices without looking dumb and being free. I picked the Qfx Wireless Headphones a friend of mine uses these and they sound great!

FOR A MONITOR (REEAAALLY IMPOORTANT)
I NEED A SOMEWHAT NAME BRAND 23"-24" LED MONITOR OR MORE " FOR AN LCD IF IT'S REALLY CHEAP. I'M LOOKING FOR SOMETHING $100-$200, $150 BEING A SWEET SPOT. I NEED AT LEAST 1920X1080. I WOULD NOT LIKE A $200 23" SUPER NAME BRAND MONITOR.
SO FAR I CAN FIND AN LG 24" Slim LED Monitor

Pretty much it.

Thank you very much for reading all this crap which took me an hour to write lol. Please help me out.

-AceOD

this is no where near the best 1000'ish rig ive seen

-the extreme4 uses rather cheap parts to build it (hence the low price). its not great quality but for your price its ok since you are near a microcenter
-there are cheaper ram kits that perform the same as the vengeances
-there are way better psus than the cx series. having the corsair logo on it doesnt mean its always good
-you better be watching a lot of blu-rays if you are thinking of a blu-ray drive
-great case there but overkill for this budget. max out your specs before getting a high end case
-sickleflows are very average fans. the specifications are overrated to the edge of logic
-you also lack a SSD a very crucial compnent of a rig at this price range

id get this
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/129Dl

MakingTrevenue

Honorable
Jul 6, 2012
Here's a good monitor right at $150:
http://www.amazon.com/VH238H-23-Inch-Monitor-Integrated-Speakers/dp/B004J6BIJ8/ref=sr_1_5?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1370189063&sr=1-5&keywords=asus+monitor

EDIT: Had to change the monitor because I totally blanked and didn't see this PC was just for gaming. If you plan on doing anything like Photoshop or video editing on there, I would recommend an IPS monitor, such as this one:
http://www.amazon.com/ASUS-VS239H-P-23-Inch-Full-HD-Monitor/dp/B008DWITHI/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1370189293&sr=1-1&keywords=asus+monitor+ips

AceOfDiamonds

Honorable
May 31, 2013

Just to clarify why I picked these parts:
1- I picked the AsRock mb because my only other choice for the the bundle was either a gigabyte Ds3h or an Asus P8Z77-V, and the extreme 4 is used by many so i went with it. Now Haswell is released I might be able to switch for an i5-4670k and Msi z87 g41 for $260
2- The ram kits are the same price when i calculate shipping
3- I went corsair to be safe, since alot of other people already use it. I'm also afraid of not having enough power when i attempt an overclock so i went with 600w.
4- I do watch alot of blu-rays. I watch tons of anime and I have several blu-ray disks in my house.
5- I like the aesthetics, it's impossible for me to look at an ugly pc all day even if it is godly like zeus. Do you know any better looking cases?
6- as I said I got them for the blue LED, i'm not really worried about how much air they push since the case is already be-littered with fans. Do you know any better ones around the same price?
7. You're right, I'll try and add one.

AceOfDiamonds

Honorable
May 31, 2013

Just to clarify why I picked these parts:
1- I picked the AsRock mb because my only other choice for the the bundle was either a gigabyte Ds3h or an Asus P8Z77-V, and the extreme 4 is used by many so i went with it. Now Haswell is released I might be able to switch for an i5-4670k and Msi z87 g41 for $260
2- The ram kits are the same price when i calculate shipping
3- I went corsair to be safe, since alot of other people already use it. I'm also afraid of not having enough power when i attempt an overclock so i went with 600w.
4- I do watch alot of blu-rays. I watch tons of anime and I have several blu-ray disks in my house.
5- I like the aesthetics, it's impossible for me to look at an ugly pc all day even if it is godly like zeus. Do you know any better looking cases?
6- as I said I got them for the blue LED, i'm not really worried about how much air they push since the case is already be-littered with fans. Do you know any better ones around the same price?
7. You're right, I'll try and add one.

-shipping is free after you throw a hard drive into the shopping cart
-the corsair doesnt exactly supply 600w. the xfx 550w is built by seasonic and is a much more reliable OEM
-fair enough then. go ahead
-i strive for quality before looks. what is the use of a case that is great looking but is built like junk? you can go ahead with the 410 as it is built quite nicely but it will cost you more
-these are the better LED fans. price match at ncix and throw them in the cart with other stuff to get them shipped free
http://www.outletpc.com/rr6219-bff-lpro-12025b-rp-bitfenix-120mm-spectre-pro.html?utm_source=rr6219-bff-lpro-12025b-rp-bitfenix-120mm-spectre-pro&utm_medium=shopping%2Bengine&utm_campaign=pcpartpicker&utm_content=Bitfenix%2B-%2BFans%20%28Cooling%29%20%3E%20Computer%20Case%20Fans%20%3E%20120mm%20Fans

AceOfDiamonds

Honorable
May 31, 2013

I replaced some of the items, check my edit and see if its okay. Now, I'm just thinking about this new Haswell release. I can get an i5-4670k for $200 and a Msi Z87-G41 for $60 with a bundle. Replacing it will have me at the same price as the 3570k. Should I go for it?

AceOfDiamonds

Honorable
May 31, 2013

I like the first one, any chance you can find a bigger model?

Hm... then do you think a switch from the asrock to a gigabyte ds3h or a asus p8z77-V would be better?

The monitor is too pricey, and it is exactly what I said I didn't want in the OP lol
The keyboard is waaaaaaaaaay too pricey bro, i think you forgot I was on a budget. Do you know anything simply Blue led Illuminated with a nice layout? I need a perfect non cheap keyboard layout that has all keys full size and in regular positions with maybe extra features and Illuminated for night time gaming/typing.

TRENDING THREADS