Would this pc do well for bf4 when it comes out? :)

thibaud

Honorable
May 7, 2013
I have recently decided to build a new pc designed for gaming and I am a complete noob at pc's. My budget is around £620 and this is what i found, could you please tell me if it would do well on BF4:

AMD FX 6300 Black Edition

Xigmatek Loki SDS963

Microsoft® Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit or Windows 8 (64-bit)

Asus M5A97 R2.0

8GB Corsair 1600mhz Vengeance

500GB S-ATAIII 6.0Gb/s

22x DVD±RW DL S-ATA optical drive

AMD Radeon HD 7870 2G

Zalman Z11 Plus case

And also would it be possible to upgrade in the future?

£650 is the MAX budget i have no more than that.

:)

Its all very good but just the processor would fall short. You have chosen a fairly powerful GPU and no doubted it is but I fear your processor might be bottleneck.

Put it down and buy FX 8350 8 Core. It gives much better performance than FX 6300 but would require $40 more than FX 6300's price.
Its basically $180.

So your budget would be exceeded by $10 but you would get a very powerful processor as compared to your current one and would be able to play BF4 nicely.

If you are relatively short on budget you cut out a few dollars here and there from some stuff to get it done. :)

thibaud

Honorable
May 7, 2013
Thanks Ill take you advice and get the fx 8350, but in the uk the fx 8350 is £56 more expensive than the fx6300,but ill still try and fish out an extra £60 to get it, thanks for your help :)

It would be much better if you do so mate. You can cut out on video card to get the performance increase on CPU, but don't cut out on CPU.

P.S - If you are satisfied you may rate as best answer :)

Yeah that is a good idea as well. It is almost equal to HD 7850 and it is from nVidia. If you can find it cheaper than HD 7870 (which you would, I know) there is no harm buying it. It too can drive games at high settings. :)

thibaud

Honorable
May 7, 2013
Okay, but would i be able to upgrade the pc in the future, i believe this depends on the motherboard. Thanks :)

thdarkshadow

Honorable
Feb 6, 2013
Battlefield 4 isn't out and neither are the minimum requirements so no one knows if it will even run it on low. we all assume you should be able to play on high or a mix of medium and high. That's our guesses. Not facts. Same as I don't know what features are on the 2015 mustang we don't know about battlefield 4. So in other words this is a stupid question that has no answer. Sorry but people have asked this a lot and it gets on my nerves

Hmmm .. We can take assumption that XX Configured system is high end and 85% computers are going to be either equal to it or weaker than it. If this one can't play it then no chance about weaker ones which means game developers are going to sustain some heavy loss. That would be the reason if they are making a game for PCs, they are having 100s of configurations in mind and the game has to work on mid - high settings on his rig.