This is the build I have went with! (Finally) (1st Build) (Suggestions)

xConorHDx

Honorable
May 31, 2013
This is what i have finally decided on for my first gaming PC. Any suggestions to improve would be great. I don't know much about the new products coming out like the Haswell CPU's, the GTX 770 or 780, or the new GPU's coming out later this year, early next year. So yeah, I live in Australia and i'm building a PC mostly for gaming. The price it comes to (minus the keyboard, mouse, OS) is $1798. I'm buying from a shop nearby me in Perth, WA. It's called PLE. www.ple.com.au

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570k
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO
GPU: XFX Radeon HD 7970 GHz Edition
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 3TB
SSD: Samsung 840 Pro Series
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1600MHz C8
Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V
Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS-324
Case: Corsair Obsidian 650D
Power Supply: Corsair HX850 850W

So yeah, tell me what you think. I would like to know especially if the power supply is good, do i need a sound card?, and just things like should i wait for any new products, Also what is a good mouse and keyboard for gaming? Games like CoD, Battlefield, etc. I will be buying all parts within the next month. Thanks :D

sam171712

Honorable
May 29, 2013

You should probably look into a soundcard if you are going to be gaming a lot on this computer. It has helped me a lot, hearing footsteps better etc. Also, make sure you have a decent pair of headphones or external speakers as the card will be a waste of money if you are just using the built in speakers with the monitor. For good gaming peripherals it all depends on how much your willing to spend on a mouse, keyboard, but some great mice to think about are the razer deathadder, steelseries sensei, and the roccat kone xtd. In term a keyboard you will probably want to get a mechanical keyboard for gaming, and the razer blackwidow or the steelseries 6gv2 are both great keyboards. I would recommend going into a store and trying out any of these products yourself before buying them.