How to access the other websites of the internet

arpitgupta360

Honorable
Jun 2, 2013
my network administrator has disabled the access to the internet but the internet is connected and only some few of his allowed websites are opening and also i have checked the lmhosts, hosts file etc everything but of no help. Also on the pc desktop there is a route.bat file which when I edited showed me something like ''route 192.168.40.10 something was here i didnt remember 10.20.72.1 metric -1 p'' without quotes.What is this??? how do i access other websites.
The internet connection is wired ie lan and I think that it is ''intranet''..

OS is Windows XP Professional

Pls HELPPPPP

Why would you think it is done on the pc. Most times this is done with a firewall or proxy or such. Generally nothing you can change on the PC will fix this issue. If you have local admin they would be a fool to even attempt to use pc changes.

Hacking around security discussion is not really allowed on this forum but a little google search should give you the answer now that you know its likely a firewall or proxy.

arpitgupta360

Honorable
Jun 2, 2013
Thanks bill001g for taking out the time and replying to me & my appologies for replying you a bit late but i am not asking about hacking it or something like that.I am doing my summer training in that company and there i want to become as a permanent employee and so they told me that I their permission and then they gave me a task that if I am able to open any of the blocked websites in any way I want (by any trick or so) then they would be keeping me as a permanent employee in the IT department of that company.

I have checked the hosts file,tried to use the ip address of the websites in the address bar instead of putting the whole website name ,also tried to use proxy, open dns server of google ie 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 etc

Also checked the regidtery, group policy (gpedit.msc) and also the firewall but of no help .
As I am having a certification in cyber security which i got from my college so they just wanted to test my skills..Please helpppp as I have only a few days left in order to complete the task....

ssl/tls vpn. Can't be stopped since it looks like https. Commercial vpn servers like cisco and juniper load activex client dynamically so you would have to disable activex and https support to prevent this.

This is the vpn solution we use for our corporate access. It works from everywhere but is very scary since I can find no way to block it.

KLOSENTAR

Reputable
Feb 8, 2015
Best solution=Use VPN..I'd recommend PIA (Private Internet Acces)..They are the best from my experience :D