Why arent computer 2650x1600 monitors bigger than 30 inches?

KM75

Honorable
May 11, 2013
I was looking into getting a new display for my computer. I was thinking...."hmmm why dont I get an HDTV and double it as my pc display?" But then I realized Id only be able to max out at 1080p when pc gaming. And Ultra High def TVs are super expensive and really new in their technology. Plus it wouldnt be practical as no tv programming exists past 1080p.

So I started looking at monitors and was turned off that the biggest size was only 30 inches if I wanted 2650 by 1600 resolutions. I dont sit right up at the screen when gaming on bigger tvs/monitors, so a larger screen would be useful for me. Im a noob to the resolution game...so answer these questions for me:

1. Why do monitors max out at 30 inches for 2650 by 1600?
2. Does a resolution exist in monitors higher than 2650 by 1600?
3. If I went the monitor route, can I hook my tv box into it?

I did look over the display resolution wiki page, and I was surprised at the super high resolutions that exist, but they couldnt seem to find them in consumer products.

EDIT: A 4th extra question. Many tvs come with motion interpolation...usually marketed with a certain name based on the brand..ie..."motion flow 120hz" or "cine flow 100hz". These effects usually make movies look like they are on a backdrop or look like soap operas. Are these technologies frame rates? And do pc monitors have these? And will a pc hooked up to an hdtv make use of this technology?

Solution
1.) beacuse the demand wasn't there for it. Lack of econonmies of scale == too expensive for mass markets. Also cables are limiting. On PC you need DVI-D or display port to reach anything beyond 1080p. Next gen tvs will need some kind of new cable standard (guessing it will go optical).
2.) Yes but your still looking at prices close to what you pay for a 4k TV now.
3.) Maybe, assuming fios/comcast HD box which should have HDMI out.

Supermuncher85

Distinguished
1.) beacuse the demand wasn't there for it. Lack of econonmies of scale == too expensive for mass markets. Also cables are limiting. On PC you need DVI-D or display port to reach anything beyond 1080p. Next gen tvs will need some kind of new cable standard (guessing it will go optical).
2.) Yes but your still looking at prices close to what you pay for a 4k TV now.
3.) Maybe, assuming fios/comcast HD box which should have HDMI out.

Solution