Some questions regarding Power Supply

Amrut Mahaptra

Honorable
May 22, 2013
Hi.. I live in Odisha (India). Not many hardcore gaming freaks here. Here are my specs:
Core i3 3210
4 Gb ram
1 TB seagate barracuda
Asus Gtx 650 Ti Boost 2 Gb Gddr5 Direct Cu II edition (first card in my state :D)
Some asus motherboard

I wanted to get a corsair psu from flipkart but a local dealer said that buying online will create warranty troubles in case something is wrong with the product.

The question : I was told by a local dealer to get an "iball" psu. But after hearing so many bad things about this brand i rejected the offer. Now the dealer is ordering either a cooler master or a corsair 600W psu (Depending on the availability) from Kolkata(West Bengal). I know corsair. It's solid. But what about cooler master , is it good too?

Another question : Should i trust iball and get it's psu (sprinter 600W) or should i go online to buy a corsair in case i don't get a decent psu from the dealer?

Last question : Is a 600W psu a huge overkill for my system?

Please help.

Hi I know a place called Orissa(INDIA). Never heard of Odisha. Anyway, Corsair and Cooler master are known really good brand you can trust me on it. If you get one of those take it. Third choice would be iBall, if you have no other choice.

No, a 600W PSU is not a overkill get it you may need it soon in near future.

P.S. Try to get PSU from a retail store if you could. Do you know about any authorized service centre of the above mentioned PSU on your town. if you get a product with no service centre nearby than this will be a trouble.

Amrut Mahaptra

Honorable
May 22, 2013
Yeah yeah Orissa :D.. Now name changed to Odisha.. Thx for the reply. Umm.. there are no service centres of any of the three brands in my town but there is in Bhubaneshwar(most modern city of our state). Also there is a iball service centre in sambalpur(a nearby city)...but I got a corsair 600 W from the retailer :D.

Grab the Corsair 600W, it's the best deal for you. Bye and good luck. Happy gaming.

Yeah I know about your Odisha. I been there six times when it was Orissa. I like the name Orissa more than Odisha. I loved Puri beach. But know things have changed so much. BTW I am from Calcutta not Kolkata, ha ha.