3 DAYS TO reACTIVATE WINDOWS...otherwise Im dead

jennann

Honorable
Jun 3, 2013
"Since windows was first activated on this computer, the hardware on the computer has changed significantly. Due to these changes, windows must be reactivated within 3 days".

I suddenly got this message today on start up and I have no idea what to do. What does it mean? And what will happen if I dont proceed? To make matters worse, I have no internet connection so even if I do activate it, I'll be stuck on a blank screen. MY LAN connection has been disconnected somehow and now after trying everything and I mean everything I think the Network Card is failing. Thats been confirmed by the tech guy.

But I thought thats okay, since Istill have WIFI on my laptop. But now Ive got this "3 day warning or else" message. A 7 day would have been a bit fair. I tried disabling it but its not going away. I dont think its a virus. Its genuine as the "activation keys" windows comes up- and thats also located under accessories.

Ive never encountered something like this so I have no idea what to do. Im scared if I "activate" it will wipe out everything or I'll just end up with a blank screen.

jennann

Honorable
Jun 3, 2013
It just seems dodgy Microsoft will only give you 3 days not even 7 at least then, thats it your computer is dead. The 3 days thing really gets to me. Ive heard about 30 days but 3!? This is the "Lets Activate" message that comes up shorly after the warninghttp://www.techrepublic.com/blog/window-on-windows/change-the-product-key-on-windows-xp/672

I now only have 2 days. Does my computer just deletes everything and stops after that? Im really shocked by all this.

Guanhao

Honorable
Apr 15, 2013
don't think so, with a Hirens Cd you can take your files out and save it on another Drive. Although if i'm correct, XP license should be free now as it won't be supported.. the question is where to get it. Try call your region MS line and see if they got one for you?