GTX 770: EVGA SC,Gainward Phantom or Gigabyte Windforce 3 OC?

hey guys i m building a new system and got my stuff together the only thing left is to chose for the right GPU. I m checking now benchmarks and stuff out for days and there is often little to non real comparison between these cards. Please help me out with this one.

I m inbetween:
GIGABYTE GV-N770OC-2GD GeForce GTX 770 2GB
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125463

ASUS GTX770-DC2OC-2GD5 GeForce GTX 770 2GB
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121770

EVGA SuperClocked 02G-P4-2774-KR GeForce GTX 770 2GB
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130921

Gainward Phantom 2GB
http://www.gainward.com/main/vgapro.php?id=912&lang=en

Thanks :)
7 answers Last reply
More about gtx 770 evga gainward phantom gigabyte windforce
  1. I heard Asus doesn't cool memory, so I'd skip that one.
  2. Dino Churro said:
    hey guys i m building a new system and got my stuff together the only thing left is to chose for the right GPU. I m checking now benchmarks and stuff out for days and there is often little to non real comparison between these cards. Please help me out with this one.

    I m inbetween:
    GIGABYTE GV-N770OC-2GD GeForce GTX 770 2GB
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125463

    ASUS GTX770-DC2OC-2GD5 GeForce GTX 770 2GB
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121770

    EVGA SuperClocked 02G-P4-2774-KR GeForce GTX 770 2GB
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130921

    Gainward Phantom 2GB
    http://www.gainward.com/main/vgapro.php?id=912&lang=en

    Thanks :)


    The Gainward Phantom is 2.5 slot card, i.e. its thicker and takes more space. Nearly got this one and realised it wouldn't fit in my BitFenix Prodigy case.

    The best card out of the 3 above (taking into price as well) is the GIGABYTE 770 OC 2GB. Its got the highest overclock out the box and the 3X WindForce has been improved and is a great cooler. Runs "very" quiet too. I bought the 4GB version of this one because I've got 3 monitors and need the VRAM when gaming.
  3. I just bought an EVGA 770 SC, having had basically the same question as you- so my vote goes there.

    FYI, EVGA has a transferable warranty, which means if you decide to upgrade to a new card before the warranty expires- the warranty transfers to the new owner. Can't hurt in pricing it on ebay/wherever.
  4. Guys both of your suggestions are good.gigabyte's windforce and evga's acx coolers are high class.Go with the one which has best warranty.EVGA has it.
  5. subhadeep082012-1331288 said:
    Guys both of your suggestions are good.gigabyte's windforce and evga's acx coolers are high class.Go with the one which has best warranty.EVGA has it.


    With the longer and transferable warranty I would've gone for the EVGA too. But, I was waiting for over 3 weeks for a 770 4GB to be release. All the main manufacturers announced it but no one release it and every site had it 'available' to pre-order! An hour after Gigabytes 770 OC 4GB was in-stock, I bought it and now the price is slowly going up.
  6. katiklysm said:
    I just bought an EVGA 770 SC, having had basically the same question as you- so my vote goes there.

    FYI, EVGA has a transferable warranty, which means if you decide to upgrade to a new card before the warranty expires- the warranty transfers to the new owner. Can't hurt in pricing it on ebay/wherever.


    Asus and Gigabyte have serial based warranty so you could sell it 20 times and still have a warranty.
  7. Intel God said:
    Asus and Gigabyte have serial based warranty so you could sell it 20 times and still have a warranty.


    REALLY?? I didn't know! Feeling better about my Gigabyte purchase. (^_^)
Ask a new question