Razer Deathadder 3.5G vs Razer Deathadder 2013 vs Coolermaster inferno

torres

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2010
Hi i am looking to buy a new mouse this week and cannot decide between three mice. Which one is better between these 3 because the inferno has a laser sensor where the deathadders got optical infrared sensors. Also is there a major difference between the 2013 edition of the deathadder other than the increase in DPI. I mostly play RTS Games like SC2 but i also play some FPS games like BF3 and COD BO2

rgbimbochamp

Honorable
May 1, 2013
Dude, go for razer Deathadder 2013 anyday...Its the best out of all 3. The normal DA is also good, but i possesed it and foud that its build quality is very bad. Moreover, DA2013 has a more rubbery texture( good for sweaty hands). Inferno on the other hand is not as comfortable as the other two due to its wierd design. You ask any professional, and he'll tell you how good is DA for shooters.
This is my opinion, but i gotta tell you that it depends on the game you wanna play. For fps games you can blindfold idly go for DA2013. :)

Iv had the Razer Deathadder 3.5G (died in a failed mod attempt) and currently use the 2013 edition.
There isn't too much difference between them, the 3.5G has smooth plastic finish, while the 2013 has a rougher (but still smooth) texture on it. There is also a grippy rubber where your thumb goes, while on the 3.5G its just smooth plastic. The higher DPI is pointless IMO, 6400dpi is way too high to be useful, I have stuck with 1600dpi on both mice and notice no difference.

Also its Green rather than Blue (which was why mine died, tried to change it too red :p).

The Deathadders are the best mice I'v ever used. IMO either one will serve you well, you just might have a preference either way depending on whether you like the rougher texture on the 2013 edition.

No idea on the Inferno, havent used or really looked into it.