Can't get SLI to work with Z77 Sabertooth, any help?

redgrave9

Honorable
Dec 30, 2012
Background info: I've built a PC for SLI, one of the graphics cards, the GTX 670 was used on an earlier build. The GTX 670 FTW2 was recently purchased for my new rig. I'm also running Windows 8 64bit, if that makes any difference.

I have trouble running SLI under my computer. I am trying to run SLI with my EVGA GTX 670 card and EVGA GTX 670 FTW signature 2. Both are the same chipset and have the same amount of memory. Currently, with both cards connected into PCI-e slots 1 and 2, I get an error in Device Manager, "Code 43: Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems". The Code 43 error message always appears for whichever graphics card I put into the second PCI-e slot in the motherboard, so neither of the graphics cards are bricked. I have tried having one card (instead of SLI) only running on the second PCI-e slot and have not received the Code 43 error message under Device Manager, so it's likely not a broken PCI-e slot either.

I have tried uninstalling drivers in SLI and then reinstalling. I tried installing the latest Nvidia drivers one at a time with one only in the Pci-e 1 slot. I tried making sure it runs on Pci-e 2 so it's not my motherboard, but both cards run fine. I've also tried updating the firmware or VGA bios for both cards. I've also downloaded the latest BIOS update for my Sabertooth Z77 motherboard.

Nothing is working and I'm not sure where to go from here. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.