Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Opinions and advice on new build

Tags:
Last response: in Opinions and Experiences
June 3, 2013 8:22:11 PM

I have read the section "on those seeking advice" and will do the best I can to respect this forum. Pardon me if I jump around some.
I am building a system for graphics and video editing, gaming is quite secondary. This system will rarely if ever see the internet. My price range is around 1500.00 dollars. I am a beginner (at age 47) to this, but I find programs like blender 3d, Coral x6, photoshop very entertaining This is a hobby and I have just enrolled in the local college to take classes. My build is as follows

C.p.u I7-3770k (already purchased)

Mobo Asus P8Z77-V

Cooler Corsair H100I liquid cooler

Memory (2) Corsair 2x8 ddr 1600 CMZ16GX3M2A1600C10

Storage (2) WD black caviar 1TB HDD 7,200 rpm

Video card Asus G-force GTX 660 2GB
DC 20-2GD5

Optical drive LG UH12NS29 blu-ray dvd cdr etc

P.S.U Coolermaster 700w atx 12V

Case Thermotake MK-1 (already purchased)

O/S Windows 7 ultimate (recommendation would be helpful)

Monitor This I could really use some advice. I would like a monitor in the 1920x1200 resolution area

Mainly checking pros/cons asking for suggestions.

I bought the processor from microcenter and the case from amazon..so any suggestions on best places to purchase would be very much appreciated. All remaining components will be purchased within 60 day or so (by August 1st)

Thank you in advance

More about : opinions advice build

June 3, 2013 8:30:19 PM

10910196,0,1332797 said:
I have read the section "on those seeking advice" and will do the best I can to respect this forum. Pardon me if I jump around some.
I am building a system for graphics and video editing, gaming is quite secondary. This system will rarely if ever see the internet. My price range is around 1500.00 dollars. I am a beginner (at age 47) to this, but I find programs like blender 3d, Coral x6, photoshop very entertaining This is a hobby and I have just enrolled in the local college to take classes. My build is as follows

well my friend the thing is that for these video editings u need a very good processor ! i5 3570k and the i7 3770k and the processor which are more inclined towards gaming ... but when u want to do video editing u need a 3030 or above for sure for a very good experience ! 3770k is not bad but if u can return this 3770k and get the above said ... u will not regret :)  and yeah ur plan for the h100 is good cauz u will have to overclock them for sure .

m
l
June 4, 2013 10:50:10 AM

bobleeswagger666 said:
10910196,0,1332797 said:

well my friend the thing is that for these video editings u need a very good processor ! i5 3570k and the i7 3770k and the processor which are more inclined towards gaming ... but when u want to do video editing u need a 3030 or above for sure for a very good experience ! 3770k is not bad but if u can return this 3770k and get the above said ... u will not regret :)  and yeah ur plan for the h100 is good cauz u will have to overclock them for sure .

said:

Hey buddy..sorry for getting back late....could not find much in i7-3030k refers now to 3930 at about 500.00 from microcenter. Can't really sell the girlfriend and dog off to afford it right now..well maybe the girlfriend, but i don;t think that would make up the price difference. I am just a beginner looking for reliability as well as compatibility (things you don't get from a girlfriend anyway) for basic photoshop and graphics, light video editing, stuck on monitor selection as well as mobo, i have heard and read good things about this asus but could use any constructive advice. Open to suggestions. Really like the blender 3d type programs (graphic intensive, but, budget minded) I reviewed my receipt and will have to keep 3770k cpu. Is this a workable system?
m
l

Best solution

June 5, 2013 1:41:16 AM

this processor is also extremely powerful but hte 3930 was a better choice in ur situation ... dont worry it is a very good processor ;)  :) 
!