Help regarding multiple monitors.

Mohsin Mehraj

Honorable
May 31, 2013
Hello there every one, may be i am asking a dumb question. But anyways here it goes.
I have graphics card MSI GeForce GTX 550 Ti on its back panel it has 3 slots, one DVI one VGA and one HDMI.
Question 1: can i use all 3 ports at once like a tri monitor setup?
Question 2: I have motherboard Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3 (Socket M2), it has 2 graphic card slots, one is occupied by the 550Ti another one is free, so can i install one more graphic card in the second one to give me more than 2 monitor setup.
Question 3: If i can install one more graphic card then i want to install a good one to play games with one and also a multiple display.What are your recommendations?
Question 4:I have 1000 W PSU.Do i need to change it as well if i install one more graphics card?
Question 5: Does my graphic card(550Ti) support eyefinity and cross fire?

Thankyou.
Sorry for the long post tried to give in all the details. the answer might be posted in the forum or someone might have asked it, sorry for that too.

All help appreciated.

Peace

1. Yes you can use all 3 ports at the same time for 3 monitors
2. You can add a second card into that slot, for ati its called crossfire, it boosts gpu performance and therefore allows for up to 6 monitors with your setup
3. One powerful gpu would be better than 2 smaller gpus and would still allow for multiple monitors
4. No, 1000 watts is plenty
5. No,Crossfire and eyefinity are amd. Nvidia has their own verison however, its called SLI which allows for multiple cards to improve performance. But two 550s is weaker than a higher single gpu, but if you are on a budget or already have on, a second one would work.