i5-3570k processor
Asrock z77 extreme 4 motherboard
Sapphire HD 7950 vapor-x graphic card
samsung 840 250gb
seagate 2tb 64mb 600mbps stat iii hard drive
windows 8 64 bit
2x patriot 8gb ram viper 3
seasonic s12ii-520w

now the graphics car is hidden in the control panel but under the the UEFI setup its not. I have moved it to both with no luck, restated with cmos and updated the BIOS and still nothing. When the HDMI cable is plugged into the gpu the display shows nothing. Lastly when trying to install the amd catalyst it says there is an error but there is no error, so it can;'t install. I understand that my powersupply should be bigger but it should be enough for the build and i don't know why this is happening, is it a hardware issue or not enough power?

I really need help here as I dont have long before I have to move and need this to be sorted. Thanks in advance and really anything would be amazing, thanks again!!!

p.s. I'm thinking of sending back the gpu and psu and getting a bigger psu and a new gpu.

Solution
Your PSU in fine, so you have connected both 6 pin power connectors to the card? Your PC starts and makes it to the desktop? What version of windows are you running? Try Clear the CMOS and restart using default BIOS settings

redeemer

Distinguished
Your PSU in fine, so you have connected both 6 pin power connectors to the card? Your PC starts and makes it to the desktop? What version of windows are you running? Try Clear the CMOS and restart using default BIOS settings

Solution

rich9573

Honorable
May 25, 2013
OK thanks for the reply I have both the 6+2 and 6 pin connector in the graphics card, if the hdmi is plugged into the motherboard it all works perfectly apart from the graphics card. When the hdmi is plugged into the the gpu nothing is displayed. I am running windows 8 64 bit and thanks for the suggestion but I have already cleared the cmos and restarted using Bios default setting. Just to clarify to do it u turn it off unplug it and hold the cmos button for 5 secs then put everything back and thats it. If so yea done that a few times. Anything else i was thinking the gpu hardware was dead.

rich9573

Honorable
May 25, 2013
I have tried many times using my cd and downloading it, trying to run in compatibility mode and as the administrator but to no avail. The other issue is the asrock uefi setup utility does not even know its there. The only bit that gives me hope it's visible under hidden in the control panel in the correct location (display adaptors)

rich9573

Honorable
May 25, 2013
thanks for the reply and no sorry I don't have access to another desktop what could fit it in, I think i will send it back and get it replaced because I can for free. Thankyou for you help.