Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

Toshiba Reveals New Android Tablets with Tegra 4

Last response: in News comments
Share
June 4, 2013 8:23:21 PM

Give the Write an HDMI in port and USB to make it act like an external monitor with active digitizer and I would buy it.
Score
0
June 4, 2013 9:10:31 PM

drop the res to 1920x1200 (or 1080) we have a deal. I won't be buying a 2560xWHATEVER tablet until 10nm when my games shouldn't suffer.
I'm guessing maybe this is a die shrunk T3 with maybe a few hundred extra mhz or something (I mean T3+ was 1.7). I really hoped they amped this up a bit, or 2560 on a t3 is just stupid (it was fairly stupid on my dad's nexus 10 already and that gpu dwarfs T3).
Never mind, I read the REAL post (toms is lacking again). Which says the T3 model is 1280x800 which is much more reasonable for that gpu and should make games pretty good.
Basically I want a 1920x1200 13in. I'll pass on 10's. Not quite big enough for me to REALLY enjoy a movie on. The nexus 10 looks great but I need more to browse and watch vids or I just put it down quickly and do something else.
Score
-1
Related resources
June 4, 2013 9:17:56 PM

Missing the boat on the T4 models also. It will be better than nexus 10 in games (and of course better looking games) but fonts will still be too small in most of the games out now. These should both be 1080p for great netflix etc and enough power for great gaming.
One day maybe one of these companies will pull their heads out of their ARSES and make a PROPER tablet with a res these SOCS can actually push. What need is there for a 10in to DWARF the resolution that 98% of desktop users are using (1920x1200 or below is 98% of us)? I'm running 1920x1200 on my desktop for crying out loud and IT SUCKS until I up the gpu (radeon 5850 has me always turning stuff down). Even consoles coming at xmas are only hitting 1080p and ONLY at 30fps to hope to keep most details on in the games. Fire the people making these stupid resolution decisions. They are about 3-4 soc revs ahead of their time (heck a few desktop GPU revs ahead of their time also!). IDIOTS.
Score
0
June 5, 2013 6:17:51 AM

BringMeAnother said:
Give the Write an HDMI in port and USB to make it act like an external monitor with active digitizer and I would buy it.


That would make it 100$ more .. not recommended. pricing is important, you want touch screens they exist , buy a dedicated one.
Score
0
June 5, 2013 6:19:24 AM

somebodyspecial said:
drop the res to 1920x1200 (or 1080) we have a deal. I won't be buying a 2560xWHATEVER tablet until 10nm when my games shouldn't suffer.
I'm guessing maybe this is a die shrunk T3 with maybe a few hundred extra mhz or something (I mean T3+ was 1.7). I really hoped they amped this up a bit, or 2560 on a t3 is just stupid (it was fairly stupid on my dad's nexus 10 already and that gpu dwarfs T3).
Never mind, I read the REAL post (toms is lacking again). Which says the T3 model is 1280x800 which is much more reasonable for that gpu and should make games pretty good.
Basically I want a 1920x1200 13in. I'll pass on 10's. Not quite big enough for me to REALLY enjoy a movie on. The nexus 10 looks great but I need more to browse and watch vids or I just put it down quickly and do something else.


you wont , but we will. not every one buys a tablet to play games ok buddy ? go buy a psp Vita , it has better games.
Score
0
June 5, 2013 6:42:27 AM

somebodyspecial said:
Missing the boat on the T4 models also. It will be better than nexus 10 in games (and of course better looking games) but fonts will still be too small in most of the games out now.

How many people actually buy tablets for serious gaming? I have tried a few but anything much more involved than Cut-the-Rope, Bad Piggies, Fruit Ninja, etc. just felt plain awkward... particularly games with on-screen gamepad emulation.

Personally, I got a tablet mostly for reading/browsing, watching photos/videos, taking the occasional quick notes, etc. while away from home/PC.
Score
0
!