What is the cheapest 1080p monitor that is really good quality and great for gaming? (Like 1ms delay?)

Steetoh

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2013
I found this Monitor: http://www.amazon.com/VS278Q-P-Ultrafast-27-Inch-LED-Lit-Monitor/dp/B009HNEBLK/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1370428435&sr=1-1&keywords=monitor+1ms

It is pricey though, I can't decide if a 1ms is worth the difference for gaming, like is there much of a difference from 5ms monitors to 1ms? I am trying to set-up my next gaminx pc and it will be my first superior build!

What other choices should I go for in looking for a monitor, and by the way, I want 2 1080p monitors, one for watching videos and stuff and the other being a higher grade one for gaming. This would all run off of the same pc and the same graphics card, but their would be two displays, and I would use the according ones.

So just please give me your inside information on this, and your advice to help me make my wallet happy while making me happy at the same time.

Not possible to get both speed and colour quality from TFT I'm afraid. You either get 1ms or you get superior quality. I'd take the latter 10 times out of 10. If that's your preference, PLS is an excellent all-rounder for high speed (maybe not 1ms like this TN panel, but still very responsive) and excellent colour quality (at least equal to IPS). Manufacturer-quoted response times aren't what you really want to be looking at anyway - professional monitor reviews use high-speed photography to show how much motion blur there really is in practice.