Asus Reveals Maximus VI Formula LGA1150 Motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the gene 5 from them and the soundcard is just upgraded realtek one its just a marketing gimmick in my opinion i upgraded it to soundblaster z and theres miles of difference.

Orlean

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2011
If the Armor is made out of steel and is attached via thermal pads to certain components essentially the Armor acts as a big heatsink and thus is already more usefull than the Z77/Z87 Sabertooth thermal armor. As far as the SupremeFX sound chip I would assume unless you have high quality speakers and stuff to support it the average person using cheap to mediocre speakers won't be able to tell the difference really.

dingo07

Distinguished
Looks like a great board - we'll see how it performs compared to the rest of 'em soon enough...
all these new releases should be out and over by next month - then we'll really know what's what on the market

TheMentalist

Distinguished
First off that armor looks just awesome. I think the difference between this armor and TUF's armor is like orlean already said in the steel backplate. It will work as a big heatsink, so heat absorbs there, Secondly that on board sound card work well, you just need some high quality speakers to hear the difference between this one and regular sound cards. Other than that quality, that red led is also awesome. It may be a marketing gimmick, but just compare the look of this mobo with any other mobo, you can tell this one is a beast in many ways.

ezeglace

Honorable
Jun 27, 2013
The rog hero is the only rog Maximus vi motherboard that does not come with 802.11ac. Source I bought on thinking it did because of this post and was extremely disappointed when I found out it didnt

Status
Not open for further replies.