What is "Banned"

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
I noticed a poster had the word 'Banned' beneath his/her avatar in the area where the badge would be . But it can't mean banned if they were still posting. What does it refer to?

Was it Brett by any chance? It is the case, as has been posted, that the poster in question was banned since making those posts so Banned takes the place of any former description. It also goes to show that someone with a large post count on the clock is not immune from being banned for transgressing the Rules of Tom's.

D

Deleted member 217926

You know when he was a mod I saw him closing old threads by posting something like " This thread is old so I am closing it" Then selecting himself as best answer. Only mod I have ever seen do that....

Without being specific or mean I will say I have not talked to anyone yet who misses him too much :vip:

And yes that's who he was asking about when he created the thread.

jpishgar

Splendid
Overlord Emeritus
As Saga Lout mentioned, disciplinary actions are typically confidential between the community staff and the user. This ensures the opportunity for rehabilitation or correction. None such expectation exists in the case mentioned above, but out of respect we'll keep the details to a minimum since the case speaks for itself.