Power Supply Unit question, am I going to max out my system?

Masonisbetter

Honorable
Jun 5, 2013
I don't know a whole lot about power supplies and what it takes to actually push one over the edge. I used a calculator that recommends the size of power supply to have and it recommended 700w which is exactly what I have. Since I used this calculator I have added 2 case fans and an SSD and switched to a new case and motherboard that has USB 3.0 and had no problems with the psu (I'm not sure if any of these factors affect it, just want to provide as much info as possible.) Now I am looking at adding a fan controller to my system and I have heard stories of people who push their PSU beyond it's limit by a small amount and suddenly the whole system is toast and I'm trying to avoid any such thing. If anyone could tell me whether or not it's likely that this fan controller will push my psu over the edge that would be awesome. Like I said, I don't know much about the actual functionality of the PSU so if this question doesn't make any sense an explanation for that would be awesome as well. Also, what specs on the PSU should you really pay attention to to know how much the unit can support? Here is the controller I want and my system specs, thanks everyone!

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811992004

AMD FX-4100 Zambezi 3.6GHz (3.8GHz Turbo) (OC to 4.1GHz)
ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 AM3+
G.SKILL Value Series 4GB 240-Pin DDR3 (x2)
Corsair Force Series 3 CSSD-F120GB3/RF2 2.5" 120GB SATA III (C:)
Seagate Barracuda ST500DM002 500GB
CORSAIR Hydro Series H60 (CWCH60) High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler
AeroCool Shark Fan 12cm LED Case Fan (x2)
Corsair Air Series SP120L
Another Aerocool fan that came with my AeroCool Mechatron Black Edition Case
24x DVD drive (dunno the brand)
SAPPHIRE 100351SR Radeon HD 7970 3GB 384-bit
COOLER MASTER i700 RS700-ACAAB1-US (I believe this is it, it is the only one that I found on newegg that matches the one in my case and I would have to pull it out to be sure, I know it is 700w though.)
Also have USB mouse and keyboard hooked up to it along with an xbox 360 wired controller.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
If that's your PSU, you should be fine. It is 80% Bronze rated and has a good sized +12V rail.

The GPU and CPU pull the most amps. The other items you are worried about are miniscule. The CPU is a 95W unit at maybe 110W with your O/C. That's about 9A on the +12V rail. The HD 7970 is a 250W max TDP card. That will add another 21A to the +12V rail. That leaves a lot of headroom.