Logitech Goes Into Technical Detail About Mouse Sensors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parrdacc

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2008
Very informative video. I lost count how many times I got into arguments over DPI and how it relates to jitter. So many people just assume higher DPI is better and thats that, and then wonder why their mouse is acting funny. I always wonder about pixel walk, I knew what it was, but did not know precisely why it happened. Good video.

uruquiora

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2010
very informative... the clicking sounds of the cameras is VERY annoying though... why do you guys had to take that many pictures ???
I bet they were too busy taking pics and they didnt even listen to what the guy was saying...

juanc

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2009
1) This is why TOMS exists. Wonder why they have to fill the rest of the site with crap
2) The guy does not have tits. I'm also trying to understand why so many pictures... it was more like a video made out of stills...

Achoo22

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2011
Although the lecturer doesn't discuss anything surprising or difficult to grasp, it was interesting by being a topic I haven't given a great deal of thought. It would've been nice, however, if he gave some information about selecting or comparing mice such that one could identify superior devices or more readily identify flaws in inferior ones.

thundervore

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2011
Very informative indeed on tracking. I would like this same guy to do a piece on their mouse buttons an explain why the leftclick is always the first to die in THEIR mouse.
Im on my 3rd Performance MX in a 4 year span. Thank you for the 3 year warranty!

PrvtChurch

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2011
This is why I love Logitech Mice. They put so much time and effort into the science behind it all to make the best products possible.

Tuishimi

Distinguished
May 17, 2011
Cool vid! Like this kind of thing. I have been happy with my AnywhereMX mouse for several years now... I am impressed it has lasted as (sort of like achoo22) long as it has because I usually go through peripheral hardware very quickly.

thundervore: "Very informative indeed on tracking. I would like this same guy to do a piece on their mouse buttons an explain why the leftclick is always the first to die in THEIR mouse.
Im on my 3rd Performance MX in a 4 year span. Thank you for the 3 year warranty! "

I think it is pretty obvious as to why. You click the left mouse button a lot more often.

Soul_keeper

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
It's a shame that you can no longer get the most advanced sensor/tech on a simple mouse without stomaching the annoyance of 12+ buttons and an awfull shape/theme.

That is not entirely true. The G400 and G500 have good sensors and a moderate amount of buttons. Razer mice also have few buttons and good sensors. The G9x isn't so bad either. 2 thumb buttons is all those have, except for the G500 which has 3.

vestibule

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2009

I think Zowie is a great example of a company that, for the most part, has the best optical sensors on the market(made better with a custom lense), with fairly simple plug-and-play mice. Just don't get the Mico whatever you do, the buttons are so stiff and the scroll wheel is terrible, it'd be my favorite by far though if it had the same sensor as either the EC1/EC2 or AM, the same scroll wheel, and the switches of the AM.

The EC switches are feather light, I like switches a bit on the stiffer side to prevent accidental clicks and the AM is good for that. The small size and light weight in combination with the small feet of the Mico feels amazing on the Zowie G-TF Speed mousepad, the larger feet feel a bit rougher and more frictiony but still good. Having tried all three the AM seems like the best balance to me. People often point out prediction as a deal breaker, but almost all mice(including most gaming mice) have some amount of it and people probably don't know. Some of it is a good thing, but the word prediction tends to raise a red-flag to gamers.

You might want to RMA it, or look for another reason for your tracking issues, as the G500 is generally considered one of the best.

Gaia Guardian

Honorable
Mar 2, 2013
Ok, this might sound a bit stupid, as a gamer/consumer, when I go shopping for a mouse, what should I really look for?
^_^
(currently using deathadder)

Status
Not open for further replies.