Gen4 VS Gen3

Rafflb

Honorable
Jun 6, 2013
Hey!
I'm building a new computer and was wondering about the new Intel 4th generation 'Haswell' processors. Because they haven't been out for too long yet I'm very skeptical about purchasing one. What I'm planning to get now is the Intel i7 3820 Sandy Bridge-E cpu, but the new 4770k really appeals to me.
The thing I'm mostly worried about are bugs, that would make it defective. They've only been out for so long, how do bugs like that get fixed? Thanks!
Oh and what are some pros and cons of each please. I could search Google for that, but I figured if anyone could tell me it could be the Tom's Hardware Community!
Thanks!

Jun 3, 2013
Hi ! As I understand it is all about decision and you need reason to wait for Haswell.

Now it is very simple to understand why to buy Haswell compared to older generation.

Q. How Intel works?
A. Intel first introduces a new architecture and Secondly it shrinks it. Haswell is a new architecture and in future they will shrink it and name it Broadwell.

So, question here is if you want to buy latest and greatest or reliable but old? Decide it yourself !

There are so many differences but they only make sense to geeks but to layman it is about performance, reliability, and upgradability.

Yes, you are right that bugs will there but if you can wait for 1 or 2 months then you'll will be 100% certain what you are buying.

8350rocks

Distinguished
3570k Pros:

Cheaper
Overclocks better
Draws less power
No issues with bugs/etc.
Same performance as hasfail

3570k Cons:

Socket 1155
iGPU slightly less performance than hasfail

4670k Pros: