Do you know what's wrong with my computer? I don't... :(

greenwom

Honorable
Jun 7, 2013
Hello,

Perhaps one of you super savvy individuals can crack this conundrum. As many before me have asked, why is my computer not working?!?!?!?

Let me tell what I know so far...
My computer starts up and and seems to have no problems just chillaxing on the desktop screen. But, I start the internet or a video game (not even an intense one like Tiny and Big) and my computer freezes, goes to the BSOD, and rinse and repeat.

What I have tried:
ran memtest86 and the windows memory diagnostic - no errors
ran norton antivirus - clean
did HDTune (trial version which is now expired :( ) - did return an error that said I may have had a bad cord. Replaced the wire, same error, so bought a new HD as I have been needing a bigger one anyways and cloned hard drive over to new one using Seagates DiscWizard. - no errors
Here is the summary of HWmonitor... I think the voltages are fine with what I could find with my google skills.

Voltage 0 0.99 Volts [0x3E] (CPU VCORE)
Voltage 1 1.92 Volts [0x78] (DDR)
Voltage 2 3.31 Volts [0xCF] (+3.3V)
Voltage 3 5.11 Volts [0xBE] (+5V)
Voltage 4 12.10 Volts [0xBD] (+12V)
Voltage 5 0.90 Volts [0x38] (VIN5)
Voltage 6 3.31 Volts [0xCF] (VIN6)
Voltage 7 3.58 Volts [0x85] (+5V VCCH)
Voltage 8 3.10 Volts [0xC2] (VBAT)
Temperature 0 33°C (91°F) [0x21] (System 1)
Temperature 1 33°C (91°F) [0x21] (CPU)
Temperature 2 41°C (104°F) [0x51] (System 2)

What else....
I have reupdated my GPU drivers (just got a new GPU as well, had this same thing happen before with my old gpu so that should rule out a GPU problem), started in SAFE mode and went into msconfig and disabled all start up programs and all but the microsoft services (and norton AV, it comes back on by itself).
That seemed to fix the problem as my computer worked again, or so I thought, as it decided to die again which prompted me to finally write this inquiry to yall.

I think that is everything. Below are my system specs minus some brand names for now. Thanks for any help. At this point I am thinking the MOBO is dying which would suck as it used DDR2 so I would have to get a new mobo, ram, and I'd of course have to improve my cpu to at least a quad core right!?!? :) Alas money is not something that is readily available at this time though :( Which means if this isn't fixed I have, like my broken jeep in my driveway, another nice looking paper weight.

MOBO - GA-MA770-UD3
5 GB ram
AMD Phenom II X2 550 3.1GHz
Sapphire Radeon HD 7850 1GB
1 TB Seagate HD
500 W PS

Thanks again folks!

greenwom

Honorable
Jun 7, 2013
Well updated MOBO drivers and detached my old HD that I was going to use as a backup. One of those two things seems to have worked, so far.... Three days and counting...