FX 6300 any stable 4.5-5.0ghz settings

noloveformac

Honorable
Apr 5, 2013
it turns out just like everything with a computer is crazy frustrating over the past cupple hours i have been trying to get stable enough settings to get 0 errors in prime in the first 5 min. i know that every CPU is different but i just want to know around where i need to be. i dont know much about overclocking but i just want to know if any one has had any luck with 4.5-5 [stable!] and what there settings are.

temp is not really a problem for me because its liquid cooled and its sitting on an air conditioner :p
my CPU is a AMD FX6300 currently clocked at 3.5 (stock)
400w
4gig corsair vengeance ram
H50 cooler

G

Ok turn off turbo first inside bios, then change overclock to manual then up the multiplier to 22.5 and adjust voltage too 1.42 volts try that.

If this is stab le as it is i would just lower the voltage by little increments till u get stable without errors.

i Would just leave it at 4.5 as there aint much point going up any more unless bench marking all that will happen is u will need more volatge and get more heat, wont notice anything in games every 100mhz extra adds like 1 fps pointless.