Cannot boot Windows 7 or repair

DexAmI

Honorable
Jun 8, 2013
I have an Asus netbook running Windows 7. When I boot up it automatically goes to "Launch Startup Repair". It gives me a "System Recovery Options" window with "Select a keyboard input method:". When I push next I get a BSOD saying "MEMORY_MANAGEMENT", "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL"
or "BAD_POOL_HEADER". I've tried booting to USB flash drive with an ISO but when I go to reinstall Windows it just does the same thing. I want to wipe the drive and reinstall but cannot even get to that point. Safe mode does the same thing.

TenPc

Honorable
Jul 11, 2012
Most netbooks can only use as high as Windows 7 x32, if you tried to install a 64 bit version, that could be the issue.
The maximum hdd is 160gb and the ram is no more than 2gb, being for Netbooks, that is.

You would need to specifiy your make and miodel of your netbook to ascertain its actual maximum settings and requirements.

DexAmI

Honorable
Jun 8, 2013

It’s is an Asus Eee PC Seashell with an Intel Atom 1.8Ghz proc with 4GB of memory. I'm assuming its 32 bit. It is actually a friends but he thinks it got a virus. He says it started to slow down after downloading a program (he wasn’t specific what it was) then started getting the BSOD. He tried to repair it and after it wouldn’t boot at all, that’s when I got involved. He does not care about recovering any data on it. I just want to wipe the drive and reinstall Windows but cannot get there before it blue screens. I am using a flash drive with the Windows 7 ISO. I was looking at DBAN to wipe the drive but have never used it and I don't want to make this problem worse. Thanks for the quick response!

TenPc

Honorable
Jul 11, 2012
Eee PC 1215N
Change the boot option in the bios to the usb flash drive, it needs to be connected to a usb port prior to entering the bios.
You don't need to wipe the hdd, a simple format and install would suffice, as long as you are installing the same OS as was previously installed.

Edit - Before you opt for a new install, you should consider the Repair options you have available.
The "Select a keyboard input method:" may refer to an option like 1 or 2 or 3 option, rather than just pressing the "Next" option.