PC Crashing While Gaming

A Stray Bullet

Honorable
Jun 8, 2013
Back Story: So, here is the deal. I have had my custom built PC for over 2 years now. I have gradually added more and more things to it and recently my PC was acting strange. While gaming the last loaded frame in my game was frozen on the screen and the games sound was replaying over and over like a broken record. This started happening more than not so I started to look up this issue online. I spent hours on end researching peoples various fixes to the problems they were experiencing, and what i mainly got was this.

1. PSU is insufficient or dying.
2. HDD is going out.
3. GPU is damaged, broken, or some drivers are out of date.

What I did: The first thing I did was check if my drivers were up to date on my Radeon 6870, motherboard, and all other components in my PC. They were. Hmm. Now I realized I would have to spend some money on fixing up my "broken" machine. I started off by upgrading my PSU from a 550 watt cheap INLAND power supply to a Corsair GS 800 watt PSU. After I got it all hooked up correctly I was ready to play some ARMA 2 DayZ mod with my friends, and guess what happened. Freeze then black screen. Damn. Well, off to more research. A week later I decided to upgrade my GPU to a MSI TwinFrozr 7970 OC. After the week of waiting for it to be delivered from NewEgg, I put it in and started up Crysis 3 (One of the few games that came with the 7970 for free) and... Crash. What is going here!? Then at last I upgraded my old Hatachi HDD to a Western Digital Black 1TB. Still, no avail. Even more Crashing.

Notes: Before I post this I have made sure of Four things.

1. CPU is fine. i5-3570k on Prime95 for over 24 hours. No overheating or errors.
2. HDD (Western Digital Black 1TB) is fine. I have done many diagnostic tests on it and it is new.
3. GPU (Should) be fine. It is new and doesn't have any dents. **Though when tested in FURMARK and in games the PC does crash. But I believe it has something to do with another component** Also.. Not overheating from what I can tell. Temps go up to 76 then the PC crashes.
IDLE: 37
LOAD: 76

Thank you for using your time to read my plead for help, but really PLEASE HELP.
Any help will be greatly appreciated. If you have any questions feel free to ask them. Thanks in advance. :)

A Stray Bullet

Honorable
Jun 8, 2013
Also here are the specs.

i5-3570k stock

Asrock Extreme 4 1155 ATX Motherboard

Western Digital WD Black 7200 rpm 1tb

8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 RAM

Corsair GS800 watt

HAF 922 Mid-Tower Case

MSI Radeon HD 7970 TwinFrozr BE OC

CD/DVD combo drive

three 200mm fans and two 120mm

A Stray Bullet

Honorable
Jun 8, 2013
Another note: I just tested out playing Minecraft and the card only got to 57 degrees and the game crashed. Though this time I could just tab out of the game and open task manager and close it.