TV Monitor not giving full resolution options (for games only)

Abnegation

Honorable
Jun 9, 2013
I've been dealing with this for months now, but the issue is simply that while my TV monitor is displaying at 1920x1080 when browsing or using the computer as normal, when I decide to play games the maximum resolution option I'm receiving is 1280x1024. I'm using CCC to allow me to display at this resolution to begin with, because it seems my card is not detecting the correct hardware for some reason.

This was all perfectly fine until I installed a new OS on my SSD and started over. From then on I have not been able to play games at the desired resolution and have tried everything I can think of to fix it. Whenever I edit the config files for games, it just reverts back to something nowhere near my monitor's native resolution.

Now in saying this, I have a feeling it may be a DirectX issue. Upon playing Metro 2033, I was able to choose 1920x1080 when I selected DirectX 10, but not when I chose 9. Bioshock: Infinite plays at 1920x1080 also. But pretty much nothing else will bother. So I have a feeling they're using DX9 by default, rather than 10. But in most games that's not an option.

The monitor is a 1080p Hannspree TV, but worked perfectly fine on that resolution for games in the past. The option simply is not loading when it should.
GPU: Radeon HD 4870
specs.png

Any help would be appreciated, I'm running out of ideas and my brain is fried from it. Thanks in advance!

Gav