£500 - £1000 Gaming PC, Advice needed on current rig

Topdog2904

Honorable
Jun 9, 2013
Hello,

I'm a bit of a newbie, but after a bit of research I came up with the following;

Approximate Purchase Date: ASAP (before the end of June)

Budget Range: £500 - £1000

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, Coding (App design), Movies

Are you buying a monitor: Yes

Do you need to buy OS: Yes

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: No preference, but all quoted is from Aria

Parts Preferences: No preference, best value for my money

Overclocking: Yes, more than likely

SLI or Crossfire: No, it looks too expensive. May be good for upgrading in future?

Monitor Resolution: Highest Res possible, full HD. Looked at (1920 x 1080)

Additional Comments: Preferably quiet with a 'cool' looking case. Prepared to pay extra for value

Why Are You Upgrading: I purchased a £500 Laptop about a year ago, but it obviously struggles to run the games I now want to play. Diving into PC gaming as I don't like the look of the next-gen consoles (yes, I am a console gamer :D)

Here is the idea at the moment:
https://www.aria.co.uk/WishList/iYSAnaTzdcr4ppcMEQ30mA

Thanks for taking the time to read this. I welcome any and all responses

Andy

Topdog2904

Honorable
Jun 9, 2013
@Marcopolo123, firstly thanks for making some suggestions.

Not entirely sure why the new Haswell is better than the Ivy Bridge. Doing a little research seems to show that it doesn't seem to be worth any extra spend, it's mostly geared for laptops and lower power consumption. I read that it wasn't as good for overclocking either.

I thought Corsair was a good PSU, even though the one you have stated looks also very good. What would be the benefits of it over the Corsair?

You have given me a lot to think about with Monitors and GPU's. I'll definitely be looking around to alter the build in those departments.

Latest posts