[DECK]_Pato´s_Inner_Circle_v_0.1

Tags:
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
September 27, 2005 12:01:44 AM

Ok, here´s my first "original" deck, and as such, I would like some
comments and suggestions.
This deck is built based on the local metagame, wich is Intercept
heavy, and combat heavy, but almost nobody uses Immortal Grapple, or
Psyche!, so Majesty takes care of almost all combat. Also, everybody
likes to pack at least 9 redirection cards in their decks.
The idea is to bleed a lot, make them play blood and pool to block you,
use light stealth, and if everything else fails, just cancel the block
with elder impersonation. Use Approximation of loyalty to cancel
redirects, if you can. If you get redirected, spying mission will avoid
irresponsable bleeding. If you are low on blood, call votes, try to get
as many votes as you can, so you can refill with voter cap. The main
use of the vote cards is to refill your vampire.

Currently the deck is untested (I played an older version of the deck,
almost 110 cards, more stealth, less votes). Played two games, won one,
tied the other.

Crypt: (12 cards, Min: 31, Max: 44, Avg: 9,91)
2 Quentin King III obf pre AUS DEM 7 Malkavian
1 Quentin King III (ADV) cel pre AUS DEM OBF 7 Malkavian
4 Leandro cel dom AUS OBF PRE 11 Malkavian
4 Arika aus cel DOM FOR OBF PRE 11 Ventrue
1 Queen Anne aus obf DOM FOR PRE 10 Ventrue

Library: (100 cards)
--------------------
Master (15 cards)
1 Asylum Hunting Ground
1 Auspex
1 Dominate
3 Information Highway
7 Minion Tap
1 Presence
1 Secure Haven

Action (6 cards)
6 Legal Manipulations

Action Modifier (43 cards)
6 Approximation of Loyalty
2 Awe
4 Conditioning
6 Crocodile`s Tongue
5 Elder Impersonation
4 Faceless Night
5 Spying Mission
6 True Love`s Face
5 Voter Captivation

Political Action (10 cards)
1 Ancient Influence
2 Banishment
1 Disputed Territory
1 Political Stranglehold
2 Protect Thine Own
1 Reins of Power
1 Honor the Elders
1 Year of Fortune

Reaction (13 cards)
6 Deflection
1 Telepathic Misdirection
6 Wake with Evening`s Freshness

Combat (10 cards)
10 Majesty

Combo (3 cards)
3 Swallowed by the Night

More about : deck patos circle

Anonymous
September 27, 2005 10:30:36 AM

Patrick Chaos wrote:
>(...)
> This deck is built based on the local metagame, wich is Intercept
> heavy, and combat heavy, but almost nobody uses Immortal Grapple, or
> Psyche!, so Majesty takes care of almost all combat. Also, everybody
> likes to pack at least 9 redirection cards in their decks.

Nice to know for the next comments.

> The idea is to bleed a lot, make them play blood and pool to block you,
> use light stealth, and if everything else fails, just cancel the block
> with elder impersonation.

First comment: why not simplify the process with Elder Impersonantion
and Spying Mission only? Crocodile Tears allow to block (paying 1 pool)
and you've got plenty of Obfuscate.

> Use Approximation of loyalty to cancel
> redirects, if you can. If you get redirected, spying mission will avoid
> irresponsable bleeding.

If they redirect you can play Spying Mission. Approximation of Loyalty
is not so important here, but ok, give it a try!

> Crypt: (12 cards, Min: 31, Max: 44, Avg: 9,91)
> 2 Quentin King III obf pre AUS DEM 7 Malkavian
> 1 Quentin King III (ADV) cel pre AUS DEM OBF 7 Malkavian

I'd sugest to put 2 Advanced copies with superior Obfuscate and 1
original Quentin.

> 4 Leandro cel dom AUS OBF PRE 11 Malkavian
> 4 Arika aus cel DOM FOR OBF PRE 11 Ventrue
> 1 Queen Anne aus obf DOM FOR PRE 10 Ventrue
>
> Library: (100 cards)

100 cards??

> 1 Auspex -> For Arika and Queen Anne
> 1 Dominate -> For Leandro and Quentin
> 1 Presence -> For Quentin

I'd try without any! Check further comments below.

> 3 Information Highway

Try 3 Zillah's Valley instead or combination.

> Action (6 cards)
> 6 Legal Manipulations

Try also with Enchant Kindred for pool gaining.

> Action Modifier (43 cards)
> 6 Approximation of Loyalty

Well, i'd reduce to 3 or 4 maximum. You also have Spying Mission for
Bleeds and Elder Impersonation for both Bleed and Vote actions.

> 2 Awe
> 4 Conditioning
> 6 Crocodile`s Tongue

I'd replace these for more elder Impersonation and Spying Mission.

> 5 Elder Impersonation
> 4 Faceless Night
> 5 Spying Mission
> 6 True Love`s Face

Don't know if it's really useful... you've got obfuscate!

> 5 Voter Captivation
>
> Political Action (10 cards)
> 1 Ancient Influence
> 2 Banishment
> 1 Disputed Territory
> 1 Political Stranglehold
> 2 Protect Thine Own
> 1 Reins of Power

> 1 Honor the Elders
> 1 Year of Fortune

Replace these 2 for KRC, Reinforcements or another Protect Thine Own.

> Reaction (13 cards)
> 6 Deflection
> 1 Telepathic Misdirection

I'd use only Telepathic Misdirection and a couple of My Enemy's Enemy.

> 6 Wake with Evening`s Freshness

Needs one more.

> Combat (10 cards)
> 10 Majesty

I'd replace by Obedience, much more effective. The idea is when acting
you use obfuscate to don't get caught and when defending/blocking use
Obediece to avoid combat (with Immortal Grapple and Psyche). I know you
said Majesty could do it, but why not let your combat oponnents have
had jam with their combat cards? If you have a light environment
combat-free then maybe you just need 6~7 combat avoiding cards...

> Combo (3 cards)
> 3 Swallowed by the Night

Ok.

Hope this helps!!
..- Luis Duarte
Anonymous
September 28, 2005 6:55:25 AM

Crypt: (12 cards, Min: 31, Max: 44, Avg: 9,91)
2 Quentin King III obf pre AUS DEM 7 Malkavian
1 Quentin King III (ADV) cel pre AUS DEM OBF 7 Malkavian
4 Leandro cel dom AUS OBF PRE 11 Malkavian
4 Arika aus cel DOM FOR OBF PRE 11 Ventrue
1 Queen Anne aus obf DOM FOR PRE 10 Ventrue

-- I would just keep 1 Quentin base.
Others that could be nice are 1 Harrod and 1 Etrius.
Hey, it's an InnerCircle deck :-)
Those guys have the skills, and the votes and the bleed.
Not sure about Queen Anne either....

Library: (100 cards)

-- No reason not to make it tournament legal. Down to 90.
This kind of deck will never have use of 100 cards. Smaller deck, give
you better chance getting that special card.

--------------------
Master (15 cards)
1 Asylum Hunting Ground
1 Auspex
1 Dominate
3 Information Highway
7 Minion Tap
1 Presence
1 Secure Haven

-- I would skip 2 InfoHighway for 2 Zillahs Valley.
Skill cards are really not necessary. Not HG either.
I would instead add 3 more Zillahs Valley for speed.
And 1-2 Regarhagan's hold, since you mentioned lotsa people plays with
deflect and/or intercept, also nice synergy with CrocTounge, ElderImp
and TrueLove.

Action (6 cards)
6 Legal Manipulations

Action Modifier (43 cards)
6 Approximation of Loyalty
2 Awe
4 Conditioning
6 Crocodile`s Tongue
5 Elder Impersonation
4 Faceless Night
5 Spying Mission
6 True Love`s Face
5 Voter Captivation

-- I would up number of cards giving you votes. Maybe 4 Bewitching
Oration. Gives u more blood for VoterCap. Some more VoterCap would be
nice.

Political Action (10 cards)
1 Ancient Influence
2 Banishment
1 Disputed Territory
1 Political Stranglehold
2 Protect Thine Own
1 Reins of Power
1 Honor the Elders
1 Year of Fortune

-- I would axe DispTerritory, 1 HonorElders, 1 YearFortune.
Add KRC instead. Always useful.

Reaction (13 cards)
6 Deflection
1 Telepathic Misdirection
6 Wake with Evening`s Freshness

Combat (10 cards)
10 Majesty

Combo (3 cards)
3 Swallowed by the Night

-- To take it down to 90, just take away cards evenly. 2 Majesty, 1
Swallowed, 1 Spying Mission, .... and so on

Robert
!