looking for upgrade in gpu

I am looking for a gpu that is 60-30 dollars i would like a nvidia card but ill settle with an amd, i wold also like it to run mw3 at medium/high settings. and if its 40-30 dollers ill buy 2
My specs now
GPU nvidia nforce 430
RAM 4 gb ddr3 1066 mhz
CPU amd athon 2 2x 260u processor. i am going to get an i3 3220 also why my gpu
bugit is soo low
motherbord nvidia nforce 430i

350w PSU
hope you can come up with some thing.
this is my full specs on my pc.
7 answers Last reply
More about upgrade gpu
  1. If $60 is your budget, don't go for SLI or CF. Low end cards make for a tremendous amount of micro-stutter when paired up. Stay with a single card.
    The HD 6570 is about the best you can do without going over budget: http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=100007709%204026%20600083901%20600144218&IsNodeId=1&bop=And&Order=RATING&PageSize=20
    It should run MW3 at medium settings at 720p resolution or lower... but not until you upgrade your CPU. But I'm assuming you know you can't put an Intel CPU in that AMD board. The make/model of the MB should be printed on it around the graphic card area somewhere.
  2. clutchc said:
    If $60 is your budget, don't go for SLI or CF. Low end cards make for a tremendous amount of micro-stutter when paired up. Stay with a single card.
    The HD 6570 is about the best you can do without going over budget: http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=100007709%204026%20600083901%20600144218&IsNodeId=1&bop=And&Order=RATING&PageSize=20
    It should run MW3 at medium settings at 720p resolution or lower... but not until you upgrade your CPU. But I'm assuming you know you can't put an Intel CPU in that AMD board. The make/model of the MB should be printed on it around the graphic card area somewhere.


    my motherbord i found out is a nvidia nforce 430i and it will take a i3 my prosser cunently is a amd athlon 2x 260u
  3. If you have a motherboard with an AMD Athlon II X2 processor in it, that board definitely will NOT accept an Intel i3 processor.
  4. clutchc said:
    If you have a motherboard with an AMD Athlon II X2 processor in it, that board definitely will NOT accept an Intel i3 processor.

    its what i had in parts at the time this is a parts computer :( thats why i am up gradeing it :)
  5. Paul Hackenberger said:
    clutchc said:
    If you have a motherboard with an AMD Athlon II X2 processor in it, that board definitely will NOT accept an Intel i3 processor.

    its what i had in parts at the time this is a parts computer :( thats why i am up gradeing it :)


    The Athlon II X2 260u processor and the i3-3220 processor take totally different sockets and associated chip sets. You are confused about something, I'm afraid.
    Athlon II X2 260u's AM3 Socket: http://www.techspot.com/articles-info/137/images/Image_06.jpg
    Intel i3-3220's LGA1155 Socket: http://www.legitreviews.com/images/reviews/1501/socket_1155.jpg

    Which one does your socket look like?
  6. clutchc said:
    Paul Hackenberger said:
    clutchc said:
    If you have a motherboard with an AMD Athlon II X2 processor in it, that board definitely will NOT accept an Intel i3 processor.

    its what i had in parts at the time this is a parts computer :( thats why i am up gradeing it :)


    The Athlon II X2 260u processor and the i3-3220 processor take totally different sockets and associated chip sets. You are confused about something, I'm afraid.
    Athlon II X2 260u's AM3 Socket: http://www.techspot.com/articles-info/137/images/Image_06.jpg
    Intel i3-3220's LGA1155 Socket: http://www.legitreviews.com/images/reviews/1501/socket_1155.jpg

    Which one does your socket look like?

    am3 :P sorry i meant fx 4100 :P i3 is for different pc
  7. Good. Glad we got that settled ;)
Ask a new question

Read More

GPUs AMD Nvidia